Monday 13 September 2021

#BlogLife137 - Sleep rejection

I don't know what it is but I am still really struggling to sleep at night. I can only manage a few hours and I am just exhausted throughout the day.

I can't think straight and constantly feel agitated. I don't know why I always struggled with insomnia. I just couldn't seem to drift away into nothingness.

I'd hit my pillow, I would change positions, toss and turn and then sigh exasperatedly. I really would attempt to relax but my brain was screaming No I won't let you sleep.

Don't even bother trying because it's useless and I was determined to prove it wrong and fall into a deep slumber. Very occasionally it works.

Usually though I just get up or read or lay awake and just get increasingly frustrated and even more tired throughout the day.

I really strive to avoid naps and have a decent night sleep but I can't function on lil rest my body is constantly over strained from the moment I wake up so it needs to rest and recuperate.

I'll write or watch something or check emails and my eyelids are heavy and then my brain is like, alright yes fine, now at an unsuitable hour during the day,..

I will grant you permission to nap. I won't let you be productive or come up with any ideas. I'll discourage that and force your eyes to close and make your head feel really heavy.

I'll slow down your breathing and your blinking will increase but this time it will be harder to open your eyes. Then the yawns will begin.

Finally you will rest your head on your hands, curl up and feel guilty about taking a break when you should be finishing a chapter or writing a new post.

Soon you will have no choice. I'll close your eyes and get rid of every last thought lingering behind. 

Deep breath in and out and then finally, the moment of release when you let go and stop fighting me.

You'll fall into a deep comforting sleep and your whole body will thank you. It needed this. So good to just switch off.

And then the next day it begins all over again....... Zzzzz

This post really make me yawn. Maybe because I don't feel awake but I can't fall asleep either, not yet anyway..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D