Wednesday 15 September 2021

#BlogLife139 - I just called to say.... (fiction)

Hey, how are you doing? I know its been a while right? Sorry life is just super busy at the moment.

Wow. I can't believe how long it's been. I was just thinking of you and you called. Everything is mostly fine you know. 

Just some aches here and there and stress. Same ol same ol. Nothing changes that much to be fair. What's new with you? How have you been? 

Sorry to hear about the pains but you sound in good spirits. I'm good too just trying to get more organised and fit more into my days. 

You know I love to keep busy right but please do forgive me for not getting back to you right away. I just get distracted easily.

Anyway I was wondering if you needed anything or wanted anything? I know I know, you're independent and can manage but sometimes, you can just ask.

It's not a burden, it's friendship.

Hah! You are so right. Okay you can stop the gloating. I'm sure I have said that many times prior to this moment. I really do appreciate you asking.

Not many do. However I seem to manage just fine and anything else just doesn't seem like a priority. It feels like if I can't quite get it/do it.

Then it's unnecessary for me to have or I will just find an alternative route. Either way it's doable if important and if it isn't then I guess I am not to fussed.

To be honest maybe you like to feel needed and relied upon, maybe that is your way of giving back and showing love but to me, no offence.

I don't wait for the opportunity to step in when there is a crisis. I just volunteer my services continually and be there in whatever capacity is needed.

I'm not saying you're only there for the bad times. I think you should just get rid of your hero complex because the only thing I need is your presence around.

That is the biggest, well only gift that is precious to me. Everything else I need to sort it out for myself. That is how I maintain my strength.

*Puts my arms around you for a tight bear hug* 

You are a kind hearted person. You know that. Just try to be there for the lil moments as well as the big ones.

Plus don't try to fix everything, some things/people are not broken. They are just fractured and don't need help as such. They need an ear, some support and for someone to be there.

Ha time permitting, of course of course ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D