Wednesday 1 December 2021

#BlogLife173 - First time I bricked an Honor phone without touching it

I have had so many phones over the years. From Siemen's, to Nokia's, to Motorola's to Samsung's to an LG which I hated and was my worst phone as it was broken from the start.

The crook's at Carphone Warehouse refused a refund just kept sending it back with the same faults. It wasn't usable at all.

I'm lucky I won a free phone that solved my problems back then. 

My favourite was a Siemen's that when you blocked the number, it didn't appear anywhere and there was no call/text log.

It just terminated it and there was that peace of mind. Whereas now you just see the calls/texts and you think ugh, disgusted.

I did jailbreak one or two phones to see if I could, one broke completely and that was the LG which was busted already so I wasn't fussed.

The other worked okay without issues. My Honor 6A which I got 3 and a half years ago has come up with an error message.

"Your device has failed verification and may not work properly."

I haven't done a thing to this phone. I was on Google and some say maybe an update corrupted the phone.

I think it's set to automatic updates but it's so old. I can't even remember the last time it said hey we have a software version for you to download.

It's android 7.0. I checked for updates and there isn't any. I don't think it is an update gone wrong.

The message appears whenever I switch my phone on or take it off.

I just press the power button to reboot it and then it's functional but there must be a permanent fix, surely?

Hmmm I checked on an official Huawei forum and they mentioned a software crash is typically the issue...

The fix was to restore the phone to factory settings? Pffft no chance.

I will continue to use it as a spare and nighttime sleep aid until I get my new phone at the end of next year.

Strange how one minute, mobiles work perfectly and the next, they are corrupted.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D