Tuesday 7 December 2021

#BlogLife177 - When will it start to feel like Christmas?

I'm sorry today's post is late. I feel a bit all over the place. I'm just exhausted each night I keep hoping to get a long rest but it rarely happens.

There are signs all around that it will soon be Christmas but it doesn't feel like it yet.

The days and nights are getting colder, there is less sunshine, the Christmas adverts are in abundance.

I don't watch commercials any longer. I miss the days when they were actually entertaining and amusing so that I didn't mind my favourite show being interrupted, now they are a cheesy snooze fest.

I have some favourite advents I look forward to each year, perfumes, beauty, gift vouchers and techy items.

I'm playing the Christmas tunes but maybe it's because I feel like scrooge this year.

My budget is smaller and there are a lot of ongoing expenses so I have to be careful about my spending whereas normally I just splurge more generously.

There have also been some really fun advent games like a darts one, where the snowball was hurled to make a bullseye and you had unlimited turns.

Playing santa you had to drop off presents accurately down the chimney as you flew ahead, that was fun.

I don't really like the ones where you have to catch things falling as the keyboard/mouse tends to stick and I lose prematurely.

Do you have a favourite festive drink? For us it's usually shloer red grape as none of us really drink.

My mama is sometimes partial to cider but that's about it. Previously it was baileys but now sparkling grape juice hits the spot better.

Ooh let me just end on a confession........

Alright regarding the fleecy blanket that I thought was a cloak. As you probably guessed, the two sleeves are not ties, they are legitimately real sleeves.

I do not pay attention to anything when I'm busy. It was a productive morning and I had so much to do, they just looked too tiny to be sleeves ha.

But now I realise I can use it both ways, the cloak way for when I don't want it dragging on the floor and the sleeve way for when I feel that chill and need extra warmth.

I actually did think there was a hood at the back because there was this extra material but nope........ It's still cute though.

I am just such a shortie and it's quite long and I love that the sleeves cover the whole of the wrist.

There's nothing worse than sleeves that stop short and let the cold air in and look weird. Brrr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D