Wednesday 18 May 2022

#BlogLife274 - My body wants to dance

I was trying my best to get the details right in the story I just made up. Mr DJ don't play me and I wanted to compose this really sultry dance scene but I wasn't sure how to do it.

I got up and I was thinking about my clubbing days and also the dance workout dvd I used to burn calories with, which had some nifty moves in it.

I decided to make up this blend of dances and hope that it was different because I'm always trying to be a lil unique in a world of professional writers.

I'm just a storyteller. I'm never going to be in their league and that's okay. 

I started slowly with the hip sways and that was fine and then the hip shaking shimmy was next and then the whole body rocking started to get really painful.

It's like I was back in time, where I was thinking I was all healthy and pain-free and just dancing away all night long in clubs and bars.

I'm not sure why my hips and waist were focused on but as men passed me by, they were grabbed or squeezed briefly and then when I was on the dancefloor..

Men were transfixed by my rotating hips. It was fun but now the thing I love, dancing and music is the thing I can't do for long.

Sure a couple of minutes if I'm lucky but then I get dizzy and stumble or the discomfort climbs higher.

Music I guess is comforting because it's not judgemental. It's not criticising or talking down to me.

It's happy or sad and calling me to sing along and keeping me company. It doesn't say you have to be this or that or listen to me only, it says listen, don't listen, actually cheat on me with other artists, I encourage it.

My sleep has gone downhill but that's nothing new. I just stay up and listen to music half the night.

A strange thing is happening with the earbud, the right one always appears fully charged in the morning as though it was off but I connect both of them and they are on.

Unless I accidentally keep turning it off. Strange but today was the first time in ages it charged, it said 4 bars but it was still charging maybe the display is faulty??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D