Friday 13 May 2022

#BlogLife272 - I'm Greggy, bite me!

I had a 30% voucher so decided to do a sandwich/snack/savoury haul from Greggs.

I haven't done that for ages as I get annoyed when they bring out a new chicken version and then promptly discontinue it, in favour of pork pork bloody pork!!

I've always wanted to try the vegan sausage roll so I bought one of those, the chicken and stuffing baguette plus the chicken chipotle wrap which is probably going to be too spicy but I feel brave-ish..

Yesterday I was a zombie and slept the day away. I just had no energy. I didn't feel poorly as such, just drained.

I think that was part of the reason I didn't publish the post, until really late and the other reason was it just didn't feel like it was supposed to be posted yet..

I normally get food for 2 days or just an abundance on those days I just feel delicate. I really fancied one of those plain ring doughnuts but all I saw was glazed, meh, no thanks.

The vegan sausage roll is delicious, cooked perfectly and equally seasoned properly so it isn't dry and lacking flavour. I've always loved quorn so that was enjoyable.

The chicken and stuffing baguette wasn't bad, but it needed something else added, maybe coleslaw, cucumbers or mixed peppers to add some crunch.

Oh my that was surprising. The chipotle chicken wrap wasn't spicy at all really, the best kind of mildness, barely a kick, although my face is warm and tongue tingles a fraction.

It was crunchy and a good medium size, there were 2 in the packet and it had peppers and sweet chilli sauce because it was sweet.

Somebody was a bit heavy handed with the sauce but I would recommend it and I'm glad I sampled it.

If you're wondering why I didn't order from Pret, it was because they didn't have any chicken flavours at all.

I don't know if they have discontinued the chicken katsu but I wouldn't be surprised.. The moment I get hooked, boom it's gone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D