Wednesday 4 May 2022

#BlogLife265 - Writing madness..

I have a different process when I write a fictional post to when I write a chapter on Wattpad to when I compose a factual post. It's all varied.

The books, they need some sort of seed, they need an essence of where I am going and then I can say alright, let's get started and hopefully fill up a chapter and that's enough, chapter by chapter, that is good enough for me.

The fictional posts, tend to more emotional turmoil. I'm processing something and it's working through my system. There is a particular subject but it hasn't formulated yet.

I'm not ready to confront it or it hasn't pieced together yet, I'm getting on with my day, cooking breakfast or lunch and it's coming together and then it justs dings and it's ready and I get typing and it pours out, without that much stopping and starting.

The regular day to day posts I gravitate towards what I was doing or plan to do and it will just sometimes write itself or other times it will need a bit of time to add other things to it.

I just tend to roughly proof-read and check for spelling errors but I still have that weird faux dyslexia thing where I am saying it in my head as I am reading it and because the words in my head are correct and how I pictured it, the words on the page don't register as inaccurate.

That's why later on, I re-read it and am puzzled by the wrong words or tiny errors that suddenly don't make sense to me.

The blog posts are easier, I compose something and may tweak it in a minor way but whatever it is, I'm always mostly satisfied.

The Wattpad chapters I am far more critical about how they appear. I will stay on a chapter, even if it's completely done and go over it a dozen times, trying to see if, I can improve it and if it makes sense or sounds foolish.

I do that frequently and drive myself nuts because I don't always see what needs improving, something doesn't feel right but I don't know what it is.

It was a lil easier when I had someone looking over it objectively but then I always felt like a pest, asking for feedback.

I would never badger someone but it's the asking for a favour and waiting to hear back, that never felt like a thing that friends do for each other, just felt like I was a nuisance.

In the end I just stopped and learned to trust my instincts and tried my best to make it well rounded because when I finally did say Book 1 was done, nothing was the response.

Not congratulations or can I read it so that's why I don't like asking for favours. I'm happy to support and be there and not make it hard to ask me for something but in return..

Blah the wind rustles, silence fills the space.

The funny thing is when I think about a fictional short story for the blog, just some blog filler, it seems so short, so easy to write.

It's only when I get down to it, I forget there is so many other additional details to fill in the blanks, it needs a background, it needs conflict, it needs characters that have to come alive.

It's not so straightforward after all, I have to put the time in, inspiration has to hit me at each interval.

Even if it just some quirky story, I still like it to be created properly and be interesting.

In some ways, romance lives in my head and I love making it come to life on a page, considering how my personal life has always been messy, this is a funny thought.

I kinda wish I could talk to teenage me and say, it's going to be alright, you're going to manage it. You are going to write, write, write and it's going to be incredible, not always the output but the feelings it will evoke in you.

Nobody and nothing can take that away from you!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D