Monday 12 June 2023

#BlogLife515 - Heads up feministas!!

I checked out a few places but didn't see anything that appealed to me and the only thing in New Look was that green leopard print top so I decided to just get it.

It's not the cheapest at £16 plus £4 for Saturday delivery, the regular was a pound less so I thought I might as well choose a time, I'm guaranteed to be at home.

I hope the sleeves are long, that's one of the reasons I like getting it a size bigger but I'm trying to.. Show the plus size that I am and not shield away into a big shapeless blob.

When it arrives I'll try and take a snap for twitter but that's not really my forte as I can't tell good from bad pictures, with my weak eyes.

It looks as expected, fit loosely and the sleeves go past my wrists so I'm happy, just wish it was lighter and not so dense.

Sometimes I don't consider the ramifications of my purchases. Getting a mud mask in a tub version was such a huge mistake.

It is so awkward and painful to open and shut it. I don't know what on earth I was thinking.

It's so much better to get the tube versions, they are way less taxing for me.

I do enjoy it, easyish to apply, it's just a bit challenging to grab a tiny scoop and smear it on my face.

But after that it's fine and hardens quite quickly. Aside from that black scar on my nose, the rest of my face is soft and clear.

I do need to add moisturiser to my routine to stop me scratching my face but it keeps slipping my mind.

Looking in the mirror, I have mud all across the edges of my hair ha, it rinses out easily though.

What I have been doing for a while now since the cut, is just leaving my hair as free and loose as possible.

Before I would clip it up, back, away and I felt it pulling my hair and making me shed a lot, which is never good.

I had a friend who mainly used to have hers loose and she had the thickest strongest hair and she told me, even when she sleeps, she didn't put it up.

That was back when I had long, long hair and I had to braid it or have it in a tight ponytail otherwise I felt like my lungs constricted.

But now I have shorter hair, it's easier to do that. It makes a difference being kinder to my scalp.

I still have greys, I still have thin patches but I don't think my hair is as thin or see-through as it previously was.

To me that is quite significant so instead of clipping or having a headband, that never stays on my head (I can't be the only one)..

I just leave it free to breathe. Oh and banishing heat was also beneficial.

As was getting rid of combs and brushes and using my hands to untangle and style it.

To be honest I don't get many knots, if any but when I had long hair, I had them all the time.

Having them brushed out always made me scream. It felt like someone was pulling out my roots, eek.

If you have thicker hair, then it's easier to use those tools but I found it so damaging, a bunch of my hair would always come out.

I know some hair fall is natural but it always seemed more than usual and it always felt sorta unclean using a greasy brush/comb on my clean hair.

I had such a rough night. My wisdom teeth were hurting, the humidity was abominable and I couldn't sleep.

I've learn't some tricks over the years, aloe vera is a natural antibacterial product but that did nothing.

I eventually got up a few times to gargle with salt water and that helped a fraction.

Then I listened to some binaural beats on Youtube, it somewhat aided me and by the time I actually slept and woke up, the pain was all gone.

Although binaural beats is a natural healer with the vibrations, you also have to be very careful.

Some frequencies will end up being harmful. Certain high pitched ones I avoid because my whole head was hurting.

I developed a throbbing headache, my ears were tender and I felt worse.

I find the gentlest but most effective versions are the musical types, they also help me to drift off to sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D