Monday 19 June 2023

#BlogLife519 - Cleaning gave me a mental boost

As promised (to myself), I started off in the bathroom and scrubbed the sink and then mopped the hallway floor.

I could not be bothered to dry it off. I hope the sun takes care of it as it is very warm today.

I did have to create yet another energetic playlist but then I soldiered on until the pain and tiredness hit me 20 minutes later.

Feels great to flop on my bed and switch the fan on. I actually wanted to carry on and do more but I made a start and it's more than I thought.

The gleaming surfaces are smiling at me. The bathroom, bedroom, lounge and kitchen floors are left to do.

I might tackle more later but I am totally depleted now and will continue resting and having my icy ribena.

The hardest part is always getting up and beginning the cleansing journey but once the momentum is going, you'll wonder why you were procrastinating in the first place?!

I just realised tomorrow when I get back I will be shattered. I will give myself until 4.30pm, an hour later and see if the hallway is dry.

It was partially damp still. Then either back to the bathroom or I will move on to the kitchen and living room.

Sometimes I have to do 2 rounds with the floors because the dirt smears itself around and I can't bend down to wipe every lil speck of grime.

Mopped the kitchen and lounge, just as the earbuds disconnected and the music stopped grr.

But I was too hyped up to stop so I just carried on. Tomorrow or Saturday will re-mop and do the bathroom/bedroom floor.

Ah I got another tip, I poured out the excess mixture onto the floor and left it, which will mean less mopping but also, longer to dry...

I also remembered to rinse the broom head in the sink. That's it for today, can't manage anymore.

It was the right day to clean because there wasn't any nausea so I didn't have to keep stopping midway.

I might skip dinner, I had a big late lunch. All I feel like is a 100 lollies but I'll settle for one.

It is the total opposite of yesterday, I feel really sicky and tired. I'm going to see how I feel in a few hours.

Dic didn't say much and I wasn't volunteering any information so it was a quick appointment.

I just called up about the gas meter expiring and that is booked for next Friday between 12-4pm.

I normally get morning meetings but I don't want to wake up early and hustle to get ready, I want to take my time leisurely.

I also called up about the door, apparently it's a safety thing, fire-proof I think.

It's been measured already so in a few months they will call to arrange a time to fit in.

Oh I'm thrilled that the new gas meter, isn't going to be a smart one, woop woop, it's just a regular type.

No skyrocketing energy bills yay :) My slipper order from Shoezone got cancelled as the address label was printed on incorrectly.

I can't believe in this day and age they would screw that up. If the shoes weren't so distinctively comfy, I would be tempted to write them off completely.

I'm sure last time there was an issue with them too. I thought they would have sent a replacement pair out but nope just a refund.

I already ordered a new pair and that should arrive tomorrow when I'm out grr.

I finally started my period yesterday so I'm feeling extra bloated, tired, grumpy and cold.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D