Tuesday 13 June 2023

#BlogLife516 - Maximum body hydration

I like timing packages to arrive at the weekend, I'm usually not rushing to go out anywhere so I'm more likely to hear the door and receive it.

This morning was the usual Iceland groceries. I really love the orange lollies, they aren't sugar free but they don't taste syrupy and loaded with sweetness either.

Just fruity and refreshing. The only reason I tried them was because the Mr Freeze icepoles have been completely out of stock sadly :(

It's a pound for 4 so I bought 2 boxes. Imagine in the icepole packet there are 20 for £1.50 and that lasts ages even though I take out 2 at a time.

10.30am the Beautizone trackable royal mail parcel came, they predicted 4/5 days but mine came in 2 which is pretty great and they bundled in bubble wrap to stop leakages which I appreciate.

That included the American dream aloe body butter £7 and those are always priced highly because it's supposed to be better quality.

Body butters are rarely any good, except if you spend a fortune from a reputable brand.

Sanctuary or Champneys, Dove and now American Dream are the only ones I've tried and liked so far.

I do like investing every now and then because it will last at least a couple of months.

The nivea rich moisturising 5 in 1 body lotion is an affordable substitution at 400ml for £4 I think.

Products with shea butter are overhyped I have used a bunch and not been impressed.

I go for something that is different and mainly affordable. I will spend a lil more on things that help my skin along.

It has a nice but generic smell and it's a light medium thickness to the texture.

I do love that butter consistency that just seems to melt and absorb deeper into the skin.

It takes a while to massage it in and I guess it feels a lil oily after but for applying one coat my skin already looks and feels hydrated.

I've never heard of the brand American Dream but I can see myself looking for other body butter versions to try out.

I don't understand how the Mane n Tail leave in conditioner at 355ml is twice the size of the other one and at the same price??

Can somebody explain that? I'm going to have to take a picture.

Umm alright *puts hands up* I may have got it slightly confused.

I did think they were the same size but my one is 178ml only, oops.

The new one, the detangler (even though I don't have knots), was £4.95, I think that was roughly the same price, give or take a pound.

It doesn't smell of sickly bubble gum like the daily one. Just a lightly sweet chemical scent.

I spritzed a bit on my hair and although it's still greasy, it still feels a lil polished so I think I'm going to enjoy using that also.

The last package was by amazon, I took out a free prime trial and saw a cute purple top which naturally is ineligible for free fast delivery grrr.

There's always one thing that doesn't qualify but I couldn't resist because it was long sleeve, great colour and it just looks different, feminine, pretty and unique.

I'm just not sure it will fit but I used up all my amazon/promotional credit, plus it was on sale, supposed to be just under £7 and I bought it for £2.24 lol.

The BX29 earbuds that came just before 1pm are to replace the U2 pair that died.

Bold claim that it's supposed to last up to 15hrs on a single use but we shall see.

I do like that it has bluetooth 5.3 as chromebook hates bluetooth and keeps disconnecting grrr.

It was available in pink but I choose the black because when I'm out, I don't remove them and nobody has asked me too because I don't think they are noticeable.

My hair just about covers them, if I take them out they switch off and sometimes will not turn on, drives me insane.

I prefer to leave them in but mute the volume, via the phone because I always forget how to do it on the earbud.

I don't know if they can multi connect to devices or if it will stay paired while I am in the kitchen, we shall see.

What I did notice when I eventually worked out, I was trying to open it from the back, is that it's really lightweight and comfy.

Although less of a tight secure fit. The others aren't super heavy but after a while sometimes my ears can itch or feel sensitive.

I left them on overnight and they have just died, 14 hours they lasted, not too bad.

I tried to connect to my phone and the laptop but they wouldn't, sadly it must be single use only.

It's been a crazy morning. I was going to head out and get a new duvet cover and oh no I just realised...

I topped up my oyster card and to activate it, I'm supposed to use the bus to swipe my card by Thursday but I'm no longer heading out maybe until Friday.

That's my appointment with Dic. I had just washed my hair and used the Vatika argan shampoo.

The bottle is brown and the shampoo is a pretty gold shade. It's a medium thickness and incredibly moisturising.

I didn't feel like I needed a conditioner afterwards and I use my leave in anyway.

It was really easy to rinse out and my hair and scalp feel hydrated, soft, volumised and styled naturally.

I didn't really have to do anything apart from slightly comb it into place as it was bunched up.

I guess I will see how it feels in a couple days, if it maintains the softness but so far, loving the Vatika range.

The reason I couldn't head out today is because diversions, road blocks and inaccessibility is in place.

There's been some sort of Police incident in town and traffic has been really affected.

No buses are stopping near me, the market road is closed and I would have to walk halfway there and deal with the same heading back.

I don't want to be outdoors for that long and next to all those huge intersections, it's making me feel sick just thinking about it.

Plus how I got stranded last time and the traffic lights weren't working.

The alternative would be to take a taxi but I would still only make it partially, what is the point?

I feel bad though I was going to see someone and to cancel it, seems self indulgent.

As though I didn't try everything possible and just gave up. Part of me knows, this is the best solution for my health.

The rest of me feels guilty that I didn't just go and face the potential harm and obstacles.

My stomach is in knots so I am trying to de-stress. Anti nausea is playing in the background.

I just try my best to be responsible and do what I am supposed too. It just isn't always possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D