Thursday 15 June 2023

#BlogLife518 - Invasion of the mind snatchers

I finally went through my mail as I had ignored it when I sprained both my hands and found out what the mystery call was about.

It wasn't about the smart meter as such, the regular one had expired and needed replacing.

Even though it's outdoors, they needed to check out my gas appliances to make sure nothing was interrupting their service.

I have to book that in. Ugh strangers in the home for up to an hour, cringe.

Then I have another meeting, something about the front door and making sure it's..... Safe? Lol, I have no idea.

Goodness knows how long that will take, measurements, questions, someone else invading my personal space.. Yuckity!

I'm going to see if I can arrange them both for next week. Even though I have appointments on Tuesday and possibly another with Dic...

I'm seeing him tomorrow morning so I will know the schedule then.

I always try to tidy up before my home is invaded. Actually, surprisingly, I'm maintaining the spot cleaning.

Everywhere is mostly tidy, the only places that need work are the floors and I just need to wipe around the bathroom sink.

I actually read through the cleaning posts I previously composed to see what the mixture was.

Hot water, washing up liquid/soap and bleach. I recall that because of the steam mop I was using cold water and had gotten used to that.

But now I'm doing it by hand with sponges, wipes and my trusty broom, steamy hot water is better.

For the newbies who are wondering why I am not using a mop? 

It broke and the replacement was rubbish! I hate wasting money.

I have a few Amazon reviews to write but I cannot be bothered at the moment.

I am getting really hungry but I don't know whether to make a start on the cleaning or eat first.....

I think I will at least sort the sink out as that won't take long. I dread doing the floors, it's so slippery and then I have to kneel and wipe the excess water with a rag or old clothes.

But I'm pumped up and motivated and I'm holding on to the relief I will feel, when it's all sparkly and disinfected.

Knowing I will be able to rest and relax, having done what I set out to do.

The weekend will then be changing the duvet cover and pillowcases and that will be the last of it.

Oh I saw a few movies, Love again with Priyanka Chopra, it's cute, lots of musical stars.

Then Bean again with Rowan Atkinson. I think I first saw it in the cinema with my family and my cousin and Aunt.

She was mortified to be seen in public with her family but I thought it was fun to have us altogether, enjoying ourselves.

When I can't find anything new, I cycle back to the favourites, just to put my mind at ease before bed.

Oh the Amazon top updated the tracking, it's on a plane so it isn't lost :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D