Monday 5 June 2023

#BlogLife511 - Hands up if you hate men but are straight and female?

I'm writing this post because I'm so sick of being called a lesbian because I genuinely do hate men but I am straight!

I heard it a lot when I would reject a guy and then to save his pride he would quickly interject, oh I know why you don't want me...... You're obviously only into women.

Every single time I say to a random, I'm not looking, I'm fine being single and alone and that I don't like dating or men much..

They always stupidly jump to the conclusion that I'm not hetrosexual. Men do hundreds of things that women find annoying.

I mean frankly there are not many people that I do like. Here is a snippet of yesterday's conversation.

S - Maybe I'll try my charms on you, see if that works..

Moi - I wouldn't bother. I'm not available and I hate men.

S - Oh I didn't realise you hated men. You're gay then? Typical, some guys ruin it for us genuine men..

Moi - (Rolling eyes) Actually I'm straight. I am just not a fan of dating or men that much and I find therapy sessions dull.

S - Well what are you doing with me?

Moi - Ummm having a chitchat.

S - I'll let you know when I've found someone else.

Moi - Have a good night *blocked*

S - continues typing away...... Zzzzzzzz

It always irritates and bores me when they try to counsel me, instead of accepting my choices because I have valid reasons for making them.

When he said some guys ruin it, he was expecting me to open up and say......

Sobsobsob, yea I'm broken hearted and fell out of love but you can be the one to fix me.

Dating you would solve all of my problems. Oh joy, oh happiness, oh contentment.

Oh Purleaseeeeeeee. He didn't even reside anywhere near me... I prefer if they were to say...

Oh that's a bit extreme but alright I accept it but I'm here to meet someone, not to judge so have a nice evening.....

They nearly always add this snippet to the conversation also..

Don't you miss sex??

Which is beyond tedious to me and after my reply. I usually block them....

Moi - I know generally men only think about sex but women know there is more to life to make them fulfilled.

I just find it easier to state that I'm single by choice because that's preferable to being chatted up and badgered for meet ups.

The way I see it, I'm not actively searching for a partner. I'm not speed dating.

I don't have romance applications on my phone. I'm not going to singles venues hoping to spot a match for myself.

All I'm doing is having infrequent casual discussions and possibly a giggle or two.

I rarely feel completely understood. Mainly it's just assumptions made about me.

I'm not sure what makes me click with a person because sometimes I think I want a tete a tete but other times I just want solitude.

I think there are times when I'm busy but I can maintain a conversation and that's fine if they are swamped and doing the same thing too.

It's just suffocating when I'm split doing three things and the other person is focusing on me, even though they had a pile of paperwork to get on with.

That constant ping, ping of instant replies drives me crazy because I don't want to stop what I'm doing.

I have to multi task. That's my preference and that makes me feel productive and content, at least in the daytime.

In the evenings, I slow down and take time to relax and focus on myself to balance things out.

Having said that, it's a lil different when I am infatuated or have a lil crush because there's less time catching up with them.

It always feels like stolen moments and because of that scarcity I don't feel annoyed but happy that it's breaking up my day with lightheartedness.

There's nobody special at the moment but P is particularly fun to converse with, he's a bit silly and flirty but I don't see him that often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D