Thursday 9 November 2023

#BlogLife591 - Iceland's Christmas chickeny range

Song of the day -  Mohombi/Bayanni/Dawda - Chocola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZUgIAds3g&list=FLI0DEk_aDykRP0sJnme-JBg&index=2

Umm I have something rattling around in my head and it doesn't fit anywhere.

But I have a feeling it just wanted to be aired and then forgotten. Now this isn't abuse but it's disturbing, well to me anyway.

I remember being at a Puja, which is like a big spiritual party, prayer, catch ups and delicious food at the end.

My family is split into different religions and beliefs, so it was a semi regular, natural family get together, even by the non religious.

Everybody dressed smartly. I don't remember why, maybe it was the dress code for that event.

And I was maybe 6/7years old and everyone was laying down and I was still not that communicative.

But I grew up being taught to respect my elders and do as I was told by them.

And I remember an uncle, either took my hand or said, lay down next to me.

Right, just to explain this was in the main living room, everybody was there, it was not us alone.

But I remember tensing and feeling like, this isn't normal but once again, nothing in me had the ability to say No and protest.

And maybe that's why he chose me? Anyway I think he cuddled me, put his arm around my tummy.

There wasn't any inappropriate touching but this is a strong memory, that will not fade, for a reason.

And that's because it was another example of me being trapped or possibly exploited.

I physically remember it clearly, that I was desperate to get up and move away but I was frozen.

I kept trying to catch someone's eye, so they would pull me away or call me.

I was so uncomfortable and I don't know if I started crying or I know that, it was the rare time, my face showed my evident unhappiness.

I don't know if Mama was calling me or looking for me but I know that we locked eyes and I didn't have to say anything.

But she whispered Are you alright? And I probably did what I usually do, which was shake my head.

And she took me by the hand and led me away but even she was taken aback by it.

The Uncle I know was bewildered by my demeanor. I know that he was laughing to lessen the situation.

I think Mama was annoyed but not wanting to make a scene.

I think when we alone she asked me if something occurred and I said No but I didn't like what happened.

Looking back, I'm pretty sure he didn't feel guilty or apologise for making me cringe.

But why the hell would you as a grown man, maybe a 40 year old..

Why would you be inclined to press against a lil girl???? I remember him flapping his arms and I think I was crying in the end.

It's that sense of unease but not being able to escape from it.

Alright one more Uncle story. It was another party, I don't know why these happen at family gatherings.

But he looked at me and said You have such a beautiful mouth.

Ughhhh Ickkkk Vomit!!!

Okay let us get away from that horribleness and move on to the title.

Sorry but sometimes I have to bury these disgusting memories for good and that's by releasing them into the world.

Anyway I finally emptied my fridge and freezer so I browsed on Iceland and I was so thrilled to see chickeny snacks.

They have two types of spring rolls, salt and pepper and I think sweet chilli.

Plus I was giddy to see chicken samosas, woop and lil chickeny mini pizzas.

Normally the options are duck, pork, bland veggie but I love during the holidays, they make the effort to cater to the pure chickeny lovers.

I got a mix of everything as my stomach is bloated and can't handle big meals still.

That's coming tomorrow morning, well today, when I publish this.

I'm surprised that the delivery came so early, well on time and I just packed away the food, somehow because there was no space left at all.

I thought I would be peckish by now but my stomach is lurching too much so I'll just sip lemon squash.

Aw it's typical the thing that I forgot to buy from Ocado, Iceland sold out of it.

Tissues and I'm down to my last box. I'll probably do another Zoom shop at the weekend.

I thought I was going to add some reviews to this but I have no appetite, maybe next week.

My eyes are burning and the headache is coming and going. I know that I wasn't tired and looked at my phone at 3am.

And thought cripes, try and go to sleep and Iceland was arriving at 8ish.

By 7am I was awake and thought I might as well get ready for them.

Hopefully I can nap later and give my poor eyes a rest.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D