Tuesday 21 November 2023

#BlogLife597 - Peekaboo penpal

Good morning. My stomach is doing that unsettled thing so I thought I would go ahead and blog in bed.

I'm tired but not sleepy. I just took out a Prime trial to avoid postage fees.

I found what I was initially searching for, Mama's soft fluffy rug and she wanted it in a red shade.

The price was reasonable and then I added homemade fudge, Ferrero dark chocolate, and various orange, lemon, blackcurrant and possibly cherry drinks.

There were quite a few offers but I spent more than I planned.

Although it is for the holidays so it can't be helped and I'm looking forward to reviewing them.

I got a new penpal request last week and only noticed it today.

He seems relatively normal, but didn't include his age and he is from the UK and made it clear he was single. Hmm..

I made enquiries and then equally as blatant I gave my usual speech about ignoring the romance inspired emails and that I was a bacherloretta for life.

Ha! He got the message and didn't dwell on it, which would have irritated me a lot..

He was somewhat candid and I thought I will proceed at my own slow careful pace.

He already asked to peruse the blog and I declined. I'm sick to death of being judged and bombarded with personal questions, straight away.

Nobody has earned that right, to think they know me entirely from skimming a few bloody words!

Had to get that rant out of the way. I'm getting this really umm uncomfortable vibe.

Maybe I am overreacting? I feel like he (K), is indirectly flirtatious.

Yea I am not wrong. He has started putting kisses at the end of every email and emphasising on what a romantic he is.

I will cut him loose soon. No matter how clear I am about wanting a platonic penship, it's usually the same mushy crap that I receive.

It's very off-putting. I think I need to eat and drink, the anti nausea isn't helping for once.

I'm not even sure if Postie has come and gone because I felt so tired this morning, I fell back into a deep sleep.

I finished the other two moisturisers and now I'm using the Cien Q10 Intensive.

It's a bit heavier than the other two, the Derma V10 and the Neutrogena.

It seems to sit on the face and wait to be really rubbed in, I'm not used to working that hard, normally they absorb easily.

But I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and my face was white ha.

It does leave my face soft but less is more and I feel it weighted on my skin.

I will leave it on for a while and then rinse off the surface layer with a face wash, otherwise I will eventually rub it into my eyes. Ouchy!

Oh I just got an email to say the purple lippy arrived and it was in my mailbox.

It looked dark enough but it isn't, it needs to be mixed to make it darker.

It's quite thick and not that moisturising, I would definitely need a lip balm or clear gloss under or over it.

Amazon is driving me nuts today. The first message that popped up on my account was..

There is an issue, we had to cancel/recall an item and I thought Oh No, which one??

But my wifi wasn't on. I always take it off at night so when I put it on, the message disappeared.

Then they said, there was a problem with a delivery but my account said received.

Arghhhh what is going on?? At least Mama mia confirmed she got the fudge, well I doubt if she will open it but I'm tracking the rest of it.

She probably will think I'm nuts but at least it saves her from carrying large quantities, hopefully her housing manager can help her out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D