Wednesday 29 November 2023

#BlogLife602 - I'm married to myself

Song of the day - Bon Jovi - It's My Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORLeih2mUKE&list=WL&index=37

Sleepy morning greetings everyone. Actually I'm pretty much awake now.

I woke up properly about 8 or 9am but I think I was softly awake, way before and I wanted another hour but my brain was up and raring to go.

I still feel a bit drained but last night I went ahead and copied Paloma's Holiday Hijinks to wattpad and made a book cover.

I hate all that crap. I'm not the best at it and I usually have a vision on what the cover should be and I end up having to compromise usually as I borrow free images.

But it's done, although I always get too excited and promote it on twitter, just to show the layout and then forget to add the blurb.

So I pasted it and then remembered and deleted it and re-posted ha. I'm still such an amateur still.

As it's such a short story, 1957 words, I decided not to split it up into chapters but make it one long one.

Plus if they choose people can like it once and have done with it.

I did actually get my first read and vote on there, which was lovely, plus two new followers.

Hmm I mean as this is a holiday story, technically I don't have to be in a rush to finish the other one but I'll see..

You know I hate personal questions and the randoms are full of them.

I know some of them can't be avoided but a couple of times you can say something to halt them in their tracks, especially if they are overly keen.

Saying I'm married to myself, is better than saying, I'm single and not looking.

That is akin to folding my arms and having that unapproachable look on my face, that says, avoid me and save yourself the hassle of being rejected.

The other question is Where in the UK are you based? Now I just say, All over, ha.

I don't want to narrow down my location and a lot of the time, they don't know it anyway or they keep asking for a more precise area.

And I think, Why are you asking? It's not like we're going to hangout and become buddies.

I don't do meet ups. Nobody gives me enough time to take it slowly, it's always, let's get together tomorrow, or next week and that's wayyy to soon for me to be calm about it.

I was considering getting another heating blankie, after seeing all the discounts but today the prices have gone up again, ha.

That was quick. Mine is still very much on and off and some parts don't seem to heat up but it works, so that's something.

The more I use the Badedas shampoo is the more it reminds me of the Henna shampoo I loved.

It doesn't colour the hair but it really softens and moisturises it. It's like I've just had a deep conditioner or just been to a competent salon and had a treatment done.

Oh the next Christmas binge is Christmas Caper, it's not anti-holiday, it's just not schmaltzy, more of a dramedy.

The black sheep of the family returns home, hiding out and is babysitting her niece and nephew.

Now the niece is quite rude and unwelcoming and I suspect the Mama/Sister bad mouths Kate to her children because of their attitudes.

The nephew is actually happy to see her and tried to bond with her because he too, feels out of sorts in his surroundings, stifled and misunderstood.

I love that the ex-flame is around also. It's a great watch. I wish she did more hallmark or comedy roles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D