Wednesday 6 December 2023

#BlogLife606 - Do you put enormous pressure on yourself?

 Song of the day - Parang Fever - Chris Rojas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmW4XvEZwZI&list=PLC743C3F57E46E499&index=65

Afternoony everybody, I'm much preferring the longer sleeps to the afternoon naps.

I'm drained but still have energy to do things, only a lil behind. My parcel of the robe and trousers are due on Saturday, a bit slow for premium delivery but it is Christmas after all.

I still have no patience but I'm working on it. I properly tried out the Warm Neroli mist oil, well more oil than mist.

It's probably my favourite out of the trio, fragrance wise but as with the Bergamot it's too faint and short lasting.

It's highly moisturising on my elbows but with perfumes I want them to last a long time. I don't want to keep spritzing and topping up the scent, especially if I have no time.

Only the Pink Pepper lasts a while and stays strong, the other two need more staying power.

They are conveniently sized to put in a suitcase or a handbag so great to travel with and hand out as a giftset.

That's it now, I shouldn't have to get anything else, the basics and gifts are all covered.

I'm so curious to see how my adorable lil weekender bag is going to fit everything, in it's tiny quarters.

I would have given Mama one of the scents but she says she has enough fragrances for a while.

I want to pack at least maybe but I'm scared. Last year the mouthwash spilled and it fried my charger.

I'm not sure what I will do this year.. But I have to be careful and wrap whatever liquids I take properly.

Now on to the title. Do you have a flippant attitude and ponder on whatever you achieve is great and whatever fails is no big deal?

I seem to get increasingly annoyed and pile more and more on my plate and I'm not sure why I do that?

I'm either proving something to myself and/or others who don't seem to think I'm capable of much.

But the thing is when you're chronically ill, you have to factor that in and make allowances.

I get frustrated and disappointed when I can't do simple things anymore.

It's not fair to me but I do it anyway. I say to myself Oh that is a straightforward task, get on with it.

And I should give myself a break that I have limitations and a weakness that keeps increasing, day by day.

It's an effort to carry things, open things, twist things, clean up, maintain positivity, gather up energy to be active.

To stop and do nothing and lay down and let myself rest is an argument because I feel I should finish up before I do something for myself.

If being selfish lets me recharge, that's a wonderful thing, so why do I feel guilty?

I reckon it's because I keep hearing that word that I hate. Laziness.

Me, SS, is being unproductive and I can't accept it but through all this negativity, I still to take care of myself and lift my spirits.

Let's do an exercise, well you don't have to join in, but it might be beneficial for you too.

*Holds my hand up* I SS, can't do everything straight away, sometimes it takes a few tries to get it done.

Other times I need a break. I may need to psyche myself up or sit down first.

I may need a minute or five before I can re-attempt it. That is alright. It's nothing to be judgemental about.

We're all different and some of us will struggle just a lil bit more.

It's not a failure, it's a postponement. You have the strength and mentality to do it but on occasion it's depleted.

Let's hug it out and renew the belief in ourselves, that we are not perfect and as independent as we are, we can handle most if not everything ourselves.

Reach out if you need too but personally I will always strive to know that persevering paid off and I finally did it.

Woop, go me, go you, go us :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D