Wednesday 20 December 2023

#BlogLife614 - Where am I spending Christmas?

Song of the day - Bindley Benjamin - SOS To Santa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_CaSsFNLA&list=PLC743C3F57E46E499&index=49

Mama finally got back to me and said it will just be us for the holiday festivities woop!

It's such a good feeling to have an answer.

So that's it. I'm definitely off on Friday to her place which is in the UK also.

You didn't really think I was going to narrow down the precise destination did you?

Grins, that's not really me, the blogger you somewhat know and tolerate ha!

Ugh the flipping neighbours won't silence themselves.

Either it's a domestic, a loud call, kids or somebody wandering around being noisy at 2.30amish.

Mama's got the sniffles unfortunately. I told her to keep hydrated and rest up.

She didn't sound great so I'm hoping it quickly passes and she's more herself and happier.

I don't really buy or take medications any longer.

I rely on binaural beats and/or essential oils.

I don't recall ever having a flu jab. What I do is continually use the antibacterial hand sanitizers as soon as I return indoors.

Plus purchase antibacterial hand-wash and that's basically it.

The peppermint is good for cold, flu and cough symptoms.

Which is what I used to sprinkle on a tissue or on my pillow.

However the lemon one blows it out of the water.

I felt stuffy or had a lil cough or the minor sniffles and liberally doused the pillows with the lemon..

Next day I felt completely normal and cured so I wanted to get Mama some but because of Christmas they might arrive late.

I don't think she has any. She swears by ginger water or tea I'm not sure. 

I think the oils will benefit her though. 

I got lemon and then lavender to relax her and help her sleep.

I can't stand that scent but she likes it. Eucalyptus was an option also but I was drawn to the lavender.

She's not an insomniac like me. She sleeps fairly easily but sometimes can't drift off or can't get back to sleep.

Maybe these two oils will be a boost to her routine.

*Holds hand up guiltily*

The Ferreros didn't make it. They just looked too yummy and my snack rations were dwindling.

I ate both packets, not at the same time, separate occasions. 

It's something I'll consume once or twice a year only, even though it's a favourite.

Chocolate is too moreish. I tend to stick to the low calorie versions.

Typically the Fibre One range or Iceland's Skinny or Bliss or whatever they keep changing it too.

I miss the mint chocolate one, that was tasty. I haven't watched Muppet Christmas Carol that's on the Christmas binge list.

If there's humour and some heartfeltness in the film that's normally a winning combination for me.

I do particularly enjoy the writer/foodie films and Yes Chef Christmas was a good one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D