Sunday 31 December 2023

#BlogLife616 - I'm Berry Mixed Up

Song of the day - Enna Solla Pogirai - Shankar Mahadevan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gep0IzKTcFI&list=WL&index=32

It's 9.12pm on Friday night and Yes thankfully I arrived safely.

It took 3 hours to book a car service. No answer, triple my usual payment quotes or too busy.

Everybody local was gouging me on the prices so I booked from Mama's area and although it was pricy.

I was out of options so instead of leaving early at 12pm, it was around 3pmish.

I was falling asleep in the car but thankfully he knew the area. For the first time in a long while I hit bed early at 10pm and then woke up every few hours until morning.

It's now Boxing Day (Tuesday), well actually it's Wednesday because I can't seem to focus on blogging.

I'm enjoying the lack of responsibility of doing very lil, watching junk television and sleeping a lot (or lil in my insomniac case).

I tried out the Dalston's cherry sparkling water and it's my favourite of the bunch.

It's not sweet but not sour, there is no aftertaste and it has a good amount of the cherry flavour.

I would highly recommend it for the no added sugar, low calorie version.

Next I tried the J20 orange and passionfruit, which wasn't sparkling but a lovely refreshing strong citrus drink that I thoroughly savoured.

A lil sweet but not too much, some I drank on it's own, others I mixed with the lemonade.

The Tango dark berry sugar free was the sweetest of them all. I had to start diluting with water or lemonade.

Amazon lemon and lime and the apple and raspberry were great bargains.

3 of each flavour were less than 30p each, Although the fizz didn't last long once it was open.

Not much overpowering sugaryness just tasty flavours. Mama had this faddy thing she bought on sale that I had to try.

It's a block of chocolate on a stick and you have it as hot chocolate.

My theory was that it needs to be melted into hot water and Mama's thought was that it enhances a hot chocolate drink by stirring and melting slowly..

Who was correct? Well in a way neither. It was by Divine and I like their chocolate but this was awful.

It had no taste. They say, heat up milk and stir it in until it dissolves and enjoy...

I don't drink milk, so I used hot water instead and stupid thing didn't melt, so whizzed it in the microwave and then it did.

Except there was zero flavour so I had to add hot chocolate and there was still no flavour boost.

A waste of money.

Last one was the 7UP cherry which was also a mild but wonderful taste. It didn't seem overbearingly sugary.

If you're sensible you'll stop reading the post here because I need to add something crazy....

So Mama has developed this nasty habit of dropping information, wretched news casually into the conversation.

Things I don't want to know or shouldn't know. The latest she flippantly blurted out is that the youngest sibling......

Had bought guns into the home and she was constantly throwing them out.....

Now what rings in my head, with all the threatening that he did, was what she had said the last time.....

Oh yea, he wished you were dead.....................

He never pointed a gun at me but the fact that he was a junkie and a psychopath, well that could easily have happened.

She almost almost, laughs it off as though that is normal behaviour.

What the hellllllllllllll????? She went ahead and discarded them like they harmless newspapers....

I really don't know what to think and the fact she found that and still didn't kick him out..

Knowing how he threatened herself and me........To be honest I am trying to forget I heard about it.

But that for me cements he is definitely capable of bodily harm, not just emotional.

That's not something you casually purchase. Oh pardon me shopkeeper, can I get some gum, some sweets and Oh ermm, a gun????




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D