Monday 18 December 2023

#BlogLife612 - Two dead to charge

Song of the day - Rowland Bowman - Santa Brokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPIQiKmrELM&list=PLC743C3F57E46E499&index=53

Why do laptops pick the worse time to die? Yesterday everything was fine, the laptop was happily intermittently powering up.

This morning it went off and on and I figured, Oh okay, the cord or plug isn't pushed in properly.

I checked that, nope and I saw the battery was dying 10% and then it was 5% and I quickly had to remember what brand to get.

I get the universal ones, I'm not paying £60 for a charger. The last one lasted a year, ugh!!

It was coming on to 2% very dramatic I know and luckily I still had a couple days of free Prime delivery left at Amazon.

I saw this recommended one and it was initially £24 which is fine but then it said have a discount and I realised I had credit in my account, so I ended paying £9 lol.

Woop, I forgot that I kept the previous charger for emergencies in case I got a dud or needed it and good job I did because I am using it now.

The new one arrives tomorrow but this old one is stuck on the same 2% at least it's working though, not well, I think I have to keep it plugged in but a whole day without the laptop would have been so depressing.

I have the phones but it's not the same at all. I was so flustered that I made a boo boo.

I know I wanted an extra long lead, 2 or 3 foot would have done and I bought a 10 foot one instead.

Hopefully I can just tape up the excess so it doesn't get in the way because I have a habit of stepping on the wires or the charge box, there's just not much room and it's in the way.

Oh no the battery now says 1% I don't know if it's charging or not. the symbol indicates it is but it should be climbing higher not lower.

Yup, both chargers are dead and of no use to me so I binned them.

Ugh I hope Amazon comes early tomorrow. If I had gotten up early maybe I could have gotten the same day delivery option.

Well the charger arrived on Sunday and it's long but not 10ft but I'm relieved that it works well.

It seems sturdy and it's actually a blessing this happened before Christmas as it would have been really depressing without a laptop for that long.

It was only a day without it but that was a long day, well a day and a half, technically.

I guess I have to be firm and make Mama give me answers on what's happening with Christmas.

Whether I'm attending or not. I feel so stressed and she never thinks about what it's like for me not knowing.

She will give the other two all the consideration and time in the world for what they want, even though they treat her like crap.

I will do what I can for her, to make sure she's comfortable and relaxed and yet my needs are dismissed.

Ugh I hate confrontations!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D