Monday 10 May 2021

#BlogLife49 - From self hate to self love

Afternoony lovelies :)

As you have been following I have had a rough couple of days but I want to share with you what helped me get through it, as I was beating myself up over it nonstop.

1. First I just had to acknowledge there was an issue. 

2. Then I had to step away completely.

3. My biggest hurdle was seeking help but I did it.

4. When I got the help I desired. I had to open up. Eeek.

5. I had to be as honest as possible, there was no point otherwise.

6. Vent, vent and vent some more, until it is all out. Good job I have a handy blog for that :D

7. Take onboard what the support system was saying.

8. Acknowledge every single messy thought and feeling that cropped up.

9. Realise that although I am not a perfectionist. I always feel the need to prove myself as good/smart/competent.

10. Thank, show gratitude and appreciate, whoever is in your corner :)

11. Completely dissolve any sort of pressure to return.

12. Have fun. Remind yourself what joy looks like. I chatted, I watched cheesy shows. I put on happy tunes.

13. Take my own damn advice. I'm just human, making mistakes is part of that, use the good, leave the bad.

14 Pamper time! I gave myself a facial, used my face brush, a mud mask, tried out a banana clip which broke within minutes of using.

For those first seconds though. I looked adorable!! :D

15. Take steps and do whatever feels right to you, not what you feel you should, not what others say but what you want! 

Your voice is the only one relevant here!

After picking myself up and admitting to myself that despite what Dr K said I did make several boo boos. I did some research,

I looked over his notes and just picked out things I needed to hear and what he suggested. I added it to my cheat sheet and now I feel prepared.

I had another set of challenging talks and I became a rockstar again. I handled it and I made sure those people were safe in the world I create for our chat.

I think I will always feel I haven't done enough but every time I do. I will read these quotes.

"You are already helping a lot by just being there."

"It is adding up to that person not going further down because you decided to take that interaction."

I will leave you with this pro tip. When doing anything like this, put on really happy feelgood music on. It breaks up the intensity and somehow the drama has less impact.

Detaching becomes easier to accomplish.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D