Tuesday 25 May 2021

#BlogLife65 - My uncommon periods (mature audiences only)

If you are easily squeamish, you can shy away from this one but for the mature amongst you I wanted to have a frank discussion. 

I can't recall exactly when my period started, maybe 11yr or 12yrs old but I was highly developed physically so it made sense.

I think my mama was the same too. I just recall the girls at school all discussing who had started and that tampons was the thing to use because it was a breeze and convenient.

I didn't even know what that was. I probably discussed it later with my mum and just used pads. That area was already delicate..

I did not want to aggravate it further. Plus the whole thing sorta freaked me out. I had heard the stories of it being stuck or being painful.

I think the main reason I have always and still always stick to sanitary towels is because my flow is heavy. No matter what medication I took it was the same.

Only with the pill, it became regulated instead of skipping a month or two months, or getting it twice in a month, Mine were wildly unpredictable.

I had the same conversations, when are you due? I have no freaking idea. If I am due or whether or not it will even happen this month.

The clots always worried me and made me feel self conscious. I leaked through clothes and was afraid to leave the house. 

Doubling, tripling, quadrupling pads was a fact of life, it was not an option. I even used to wear another set of underwear just to keep it all in.

After I stopped taking the pill. I studied up on various so-called remedies but nothing helped. My weight fluctuated but my periods were the same.

Now for the last few months I have had what I describe as regular periods for the first time in ages. I would say the flow was medium.

No clots. Cramps, slight nausea. It's now been a week and I am practically done. I was always the two week girl. Curled up resting and miserable.

My pmt lasted all day and it occurred prior, during and after my periods. It was agony. I cancelled plans, felt uncomfortable and slept even less than usual.

I haven't even been listening to the binaural beats videos. What is different is, I am consciously working out more and orange juice is a staple in my fridge.

Honestly I cannot think of anything else that is different aside from eating less meat and more chicken and fish. I feel like I can actually deal with my periods now instead of falling apart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D