Wednesday 19 May 2021

#BlogLife60 - Do these make me look beautiful or feel happy? Updating

I think it has been a while since I did any reviews so I thought I would share my experiences.

The aromatherapy associates refinery lip balm

This was the standard size tube or maybe a fraction smaller. I cannot honestly see the exact size because the font is too tiny. The scent is generic so nothing to get excited about.

It is slightly grainy which is unusual. It is easy to apply and feels good in the moment but it doesn't moisturise deeply just on the surface.

Later on my lips are still chapping and extremely dry. I would not recommend it.

Grace's plantain chips

I discovered these in Iceland and I wanted a snack that wasn't too unhealthy and loaded with salt. I don't think I have tried this make before.

On the site it just said salted and unsalted it was only when I read the label that I realised the unsalted version is sweet and equally as mouthwatering.

Actually they would probably be even better if you mixed them up together. Heavenly.

I am so used to them being thicker that when I tasted these that were crunchy and extremely thin, my taste buds were in heaven.

85g small sharing bag or just something to munch on your own, over time. It is so delicious and the best brand I have ever tried.

I would thoroughly recommend these and I am stocking up next time :) The price is 90p.

Herbal Essences bio renew conditioners

I got these from Superdrug. I think it was buy 2 and get 1 free or buy 1 get 1 free. I cannot recall but my hair was in need of some nourishment.

I have greasy hair and a dry scalp. It has always been this way. I purchased the argan oil and passion flower versions.

They smell wonderful, sweet and flowery. They are very thick so I add water and soften the mixture and then apply it. It is mostly easy to rinse away.

Now that it has been a few months. I realised that the first few times it does noticeably improve my scalp appearance. It is less dry, softer strands and my hair feels fuller and thicker.

But I have been cutting it regularly so it could be that? Now after a while. The conditioners stop feeling moisturising and does nothing for me.

I know this because I am now on my second or third bottle and once again my scalp feels less irritable and more healthier. My hair feels slightly silkier now.

The price is quite steep at £6 I do not normally spent that obscene amount but I got some offers so it made it bearable.

I am in two minds whether or not I would recommend it. For the price it is not good enough. It did last me a long time though.

I would only repurchase it, if it was on a really great offer and I had not found anything else I liked better. I would prefer to try other products though.

Ayumi turmeric, papaya and bergamot face wash 

At long last after being stern with the seller. They finally sent it out and still made pathetic excuses. Pfft. I will try it with and without my face brush and reveal the results.

27/5 is when I received it and I have two pimples. The rest of my face is pretty smooth and clear. The tube is such a pretty mauve shade but the liquid comes out clear which is not as fun.

I tried it on my face brush first. It doesn't foam which made me sad and I put a generous on but it felt like there was hardly any on the brush.

I think it must be super absorbing onto whatever surface it glides onto first. There is tiny faint smell. I was hoping for papaya but it is.. To be honest I'm not sure exactly but it is alright.

It is very moisturising and most of my face feels really clean and fresh. I have some places where it feels thirsty and in need of a heavier product or something that deeply penetrates my skin.

It is the evening now and I just tried it with my hands. It really doesn't blend well. It felt really thick on my face and although it is hydrating it.

It was really uncomfortable. My face felt smothered but hydrated. There are no dry patches at all. I don't think I would purchase it again.

It is a fair product but it doesn't have a strong scent, it doesn't froth up and it is a weird combination of not being thick enough, to being overly dense.

I think I prefer when something lathers up because that tends to go beyond the surface layer and get right down to where you need it.

Products that don't in comparison do not seem as worthwhile to me. I shall try it without the face brush tonight and let you know.

It is £5/6 depending where you purchase it from. I paid £3.50 including postage as I bought it on Ebay. What caught my attention was that it is targeted at combination and blemished skin.

That is me right there. My skin is both dry and oily. I have hormonal or too much sugar breakouts at times but normally it is limited to one or two pimples.

Since I use my cheap and cheerful pink face brush regularly my skin gets a deep clean and with a facial mask at the weekends it is ensuring that impurities get drawn out.

I am just waiting for it to arrive in the post and I cannot wait because I accidentally bought a face scrub as I couldn't see the writing properly and I always get caught out with Garnier.

There is a wash and a scrub that look identical and I always buy the wrong one. Grr. The reason I hate scrubs is because it is too harsh for combination skin.

It smothers the face and overloads it. Plus those silly annoying beads never wash off properly so they are stuck to my face and will not come off.

I will use it as a body scrub instead. I'll update this when it has arrived and I have tried it out.

I just thought I would mention that all the dark scars on my face are now gone. I can only assume it was the result of the face mask and face brush combination because nothing else cut it.

Generic Tweezers

I think these are unbranded and I have, well had two regular tweezers have lasted me years but are dull. I was tempted to get the pointy kind but I am afraid I would poke my eyes out :(

After doing a bit of quick research I gathered it was better to get stainless steel to prolong durability.

These have a slanted tip which I think I am used too. They cost me £2 with free postage and I have never seen grooves on a tweezer before.

Due to the fact I have weak delicate hands, I thought this would be a wonderful addition to make my life easier.

It doesn't mention that it is precision and I really hope the tip is wide enough, otherwise it would take twice as long.

As I said on twitter, these arrived yesterday with a free stainless steel nail included which is wide and will last me a long time, providing I do not lose it.

The grooves definitely made for an easier tight hold and although the tip seemed dull, it made light work of tidying my brows.

Within seconds they were tidy again and looking as though I just got a brow wax. After a minutes I do feel a it pinched and ever so slightly tender but I can deal with that.

The only negative is they are pretty hopeless on shorter hairs. They are fit for brows only. Anything more is just too challenging.

I wouldn't recommend them for all purpose usage but they are efficient and they grip where you want them too. I don't know if that makes them precision? :D

Biore Rose Quartz and Charcoal Face Wash

I was really surprised that this showed up today at lunchtime (24/5/21). I am slightly miffed my instructions weren't followed. The directive to not leave with the neighbours was ignored plus it was not sealed but it didn't leak and I was home.

It smells pleasant, to me it is like sweet alcohol with a flowery scent to it. It was easy to twist and activate the nozzle. I pumped and a lil bit came out.

It is a pretty pink shade that glimmers. It is quick thick so I mixed it with water and then it blended well. I didn't use the face brush this time.

My eyes didn't have any irritation even though I had a lil splashback but I flushed my eyes straight away. My face does feel softer and moisturised but dry patches remain.

In the evening I tried it with my face brush. It didn't exactly froth up but it was gliding on smoothly. Afterwards the scent lingers faintly and it feels like my face is heavily moisturised without the weight.

My face doesn't feel tight or loose. It is as though I put on a layer of moisturiser and then washed it clean. I am not convinced it will last a month as I apply it generously but we shall see.

I only had one or two blemishes and they have greatly reduced. My face is practically clear. I am trying to find something negative to find about but I can see anything.

I am going to update this later as time goes on. I just wanted to note my initial impressions. I will just say because of the vast number of people that have had adverse reactions.

Please do a patch test first on a small area and wait 24hrs to see if you are affected. I read reviews from different sites and still watch Youtube reviews so that I know what to expect from a new product.

After two weeks I have noticed that it doesn't prevent flare ups. My face has broken out a tiny bit here and there but it is manageable.

I just wanted to add that I am really astounded the bottle has not run out yet. I use it twice a day and as of (19/8) there is still some remaining and it is nearly 3 months later.

Slimming World HiFi Fruit and Nut Bars

These are £2 and because I am on my monthly I always crave chocolate or something sweet. I decided to try these and there is a layer of pure chocolate at the bottom.

They are small, thin and chewy and actually delicious. I don't usually go for fruity bars as the taste seems overpowering and unpleasant.

However with these there is a mild fruit taste but mostly chocolate and not especially a nutty taste but I would still recommend them.

I don't find them too sweet. I think they nailed it actually. There is six in a packet. Almost one per week and I am glad I took a chance on them.

Kind dark chocolate, peanuts and sea salt bars

I finally got my hands on these and I bought a 12 pack from Amazon for £12 but grr I have just seen that they have gone half price £6 for the same 12 bars!!

I hate when you just purchase something and then they reduce it. They are a really big thick size and filling and they definitely not lacking flavour.

It is absolutely packing with a bottom layer of chocolate and a lot of almonds and peanuts. I don't like salty snacks but the nice thing about these is the mildness.

It doesn't taste especially, overly sweet, salty or bitter. It blends well together and makes a wonderful snack to enjoy. They say it is gluten free, low carb and low calorie.

It reminds me of a topic chocolate bar.

**I know I could have left the links where you can purchase them but you might think I was trying to influence you so I thought I would just leave my thoughts instead.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D