Saturday 22 May 2021

#BlogLife63 - Sensitive skin?

 A few moments ago I had sticky fingers. Now before you call the nearest law enforcement and have me arrested for being a kleptomaniac (thief)...... Let me just explain.

The bakery/cafe I was praising a while back on their bakewell tart, which should be renamed bakewell bun..Well I was completely, hormonally, couldn't-help-myself-the-force-was-too-much, drawn to them again.

This time I just had to pick something else and see if it was a fluke. My scepticism is what you like about me, right? lol

I got the chicken and vegetable wrap that was so tender and packed, it was truly delicious. It was drizzled with a garlic mayonnaise sauce that complimented it beautifully.

Then I shoved the cake in the fridge because I am not a fan of warm overly soft cake without texture. Then I pulled it out and oh my.

Is it wrong to propose to someone you have never met before? Whoever keeps making these cakes is supremely talented.

It had sprinkles, moist buttercream and it felt like a splash of alcohol but not enough to put me off. When I tried it, the thought of baileys cheesecake came to mind.

It just had that sort of richness to it. I would plug the place but it is local to me so I had better not.

I can't believe my protein tablets have already arrived for my contact lenses. I ordered them on Tuesday which I guess is enough time.

They cost an extortionate amount just under £20 but that was for a two year supply 48 tablets. It was the cheapest price that I found.

I'm taking half and giving the rest to my mama mia. I was fed up with waiting for the Ayumi face wash so I have ordered a Biore face wash instead.

I think I have tried biore products once. I have a feeling I got a free sample for a cream maybe. I think I liked it but not enough to repurchase it.

I am just trying different brands as my skin tends to get used to something and stop reaping the benefits. I do favour something with a pretty scent.

I will have to do a patch test first as so many people complained of allergic reactions. I am not exactly sure if I have sensitive skin or not.

I rarely have reactions. I think it is just when a brand is too cheap, the quality ingredients are so basic that it harms my skin.

Actually I think my main issue is around my eyes because I wear contact lenses and they already delicate so I did notice something.

It wasn't a rash or a breakout. I think my eyes were watering and slightly burning so when that happens, I switch brands but that was a long time ago and I have been fine ever since :)

That is why I opt for brand names, not the most expensive. I am too cheap for that but something established at least. 

Keep your fingers crossed that this version actually arrives in the post and that the postie doesn't run off with it and then return saying smell me.

Am I gorgeous or what? I would not put it past them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D