Wednesday 5 May 2021

#BlogLife44 - Saying Yes vs Saying No

The adrenalin is still coursing through my veins and today has been a whirlwind. I got rejected from one of the roles I applied for and the one I was really keen on got back to me today.

I was expecting another rejection but they were interested and wanted a more indepth application so instead of panicking and putting it off as per usual.

I just jumped right in and filled it completely up. I sold myself and listed my positive attributes. It took no time at all actually and I even responded to the email.

I mean there are no guarantees that I'll be successful but at least I am making some headway and if I am not lucky in this position, maybe the next one will be the right fit?

I'll keep you updated as I still have to pass the official interview, I'm guessing they will vet me first and gather more information before making their minds up.

I've done my best though. I wonder if I'll hear from the other one. The date had expired but it was still listed, although not locally.

I'm not sure if they forgot to pull the advert or if they still need volunteers? Either way I jumped at it because it seemed interesting.

The funny thing is I was asked to pick a start date and rather than putting it off. I picked tomorrow, instead of next week lol. I just want to go for it.

Ooh I got a response. I'm not sure if I did the right thing but she said tomorrow might be a premature start date with all the training and grading but she left the choice up to me.

Right or wrong. I insisted on tomorrow, instead of next week. Eek, the pressure is on. I wonder what is expected of me? I wonder how I'll cope?

There are choices between having a photo up, using your real name or staying anonymous. I'm not sure really. Part of me wants to stay hidden as usual.

The other part thinks, would it be so bad to reveal a bit? For once to be completely transparent. I just realised my bio has personally identifying material about me.

On second thoughts. I'm removing the photo and my real name. It's too much, too soon and I don't want anyone latching onto me.

I know it's just temporary but still. I like being confidential. Actually don't hate me but I've changed my mind for the third time :D

I'll keep my name because it's going to be used frequently and at some point, I'll mess up and forget I'm using a fake name so meh.

But the photo is definitely removed. I feel much calmer today. I read through a lot of the information packs and it stuck and I remembered that I can talk for England.

I'll be fine :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D