Friday 21 May 2021

#BlogLife62 - The opposite to warm and fluffy..

I just did a google blog search with the word rant. There was more than I expected to see but it still doesn't feel like the normal thing to do.

Maybe it will always be the minority subject where most traditional blogs are lighthearted and more positive. I would never change my genre unless I had a lobotomy.

I cannot see that happening. I'm sorry to say that I don't think my face wash is going to show up. I ordered it since the 14th May and I know it has only been a week..

I could be being presumptuous but I have reached out twice and heard nothing back at all. That just signals to me red flags and I know I am covered by paypal protection in any case of scams.

However I am gutted because I was looking forward to trying out a new product and now I am stuck using the horrible Garnier scrub which is driving me barmy!!

On the positive side when I released my book on here. I had really low expectations. I wondered if I would get any reads at all but I got more than I thought I would.

I feel like I have reclaimed it as my own. It seems like I wrote it a million years ago and it was left on a shelf unopened. As soon as I posted it, I just felt good.

It was as though this worry I had on my mind evaporated. I know I am supposed to conform. I roll my eyes even saying that. 

When I grew up reading. I always hated the author waxing lyrical about the weather and scenery for paragraphs on end. I wanted to scream......Be quiet and get to the good stuff!!!

I promised myself if/when I ever wrote something I would never do that. I have tried not too. Maybe I haven't been descriptive enough?

I'm still not sure if I will end up editing it as I post it. I am not 100% satisfied with it. It was difficult because I was just writing it out of thin air.

I didn't have an outline really. I just had basic ideas, which I frequently deviated away from anyway. I would compose notes but I was making it up as I went and that is why I was frequently stuck for ideas.

I feel like more of a storyteller than a writer. I was never expecting to be famous and make eons of cash. I think I would probably have just liked it if whoever read it and enjoyed it, made a small donation.

But I feel uneasy asking for that because typically, the people that cannot afford it will give and the ones that actually are wealthy will not do it.

Life is expensive already so use that money for anything that gives you a bit of luxury if you can. I don't feel like my books are good enough to add a price tag to them anyway.

There was barely any traction on Wattpad because it is so huge and then the statistics page is no longer updating so at least here I can see if anyone has clicked on the page and been intrigued enough to think......Hmmm I could get into this...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D