Tuesday 4 May 2021

#BlogLife42 - Hello and Goodbye

Evening strangers,

I know I normally greet you or sometimes approach you in a more friendlier manner but bear with me. I just did something new and my mind is racing back and forth.

I applied for a few voluntary positions as a supporter. It is something that I have previously looked into and a role that I think I could do well at but I'm kinda nervous too.

What if someone is freaking out and I have to say the right thing? What exactly is the correct thing? Do they want advice or just to be heard as they vent?

What if I take too long to respond or butt heads? What if the conversations are all depressing? I think I just need to get all this angst out of me.

I'm actually quite excited about it for the first time in ages. It's probably really competitive and I doubt I'll get accepted but I think it would benefit me as well as the person I am trying to connect with.

If I can assist someone in feeling a lil less afraid or alone then that's a great thing, right there. I'm not looking for praise. I just want to feel useful and this would be a big step for me.

I always had that growing up, even the people that didn't especially like me, valued my insight. It's frustrating when they don't take the advice but they were all genuinely happier and unburdened afterwards.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D