Wednesday 28 February 2024

#BlogLife648 - Chatty chicks watching flicks 8

Song of the day - Bayanni & Jason Derulo - Ta Ta Ta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4u7TC3WjR0&list=WL&index=49

I just watched The Way We Were with Robert Redford and Barbra thinking it was this grand love affair.

But good heavens, it's awful, cringey, just bad, don't look at it. I think I've tried to look at it a few times and struggled to get past the beginning.

But I wanted something in the background while I was playing Looney Tunes and this was it.

It's about this desperate self loathing woman, who has a crush on this guy, who just doesn't like her in a romantic sense.

She's political and he's not, they don't belong together at all. He seems vapid and she seems serious and passionate in her beliefs.

She relentlessly chases him, which is a warning to all women, don't ever pursue someone indifferent to you.

You'll never know if they are truly interested, or if you are just a body and an ego boost to them.

Which is what she became. I kept thinking move the hell on, get some therapy, learn to love yourself.

Because anyone with confidence, doesn't let their partner, treat them like absolute crap.

Sorry for the spoiler but eventually she get's cheated on, dumped, pregnant and left.

He doesn't give a damn about his child and that's on her for picking someone who doesn't care an iota about her.

I finished Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, I mostly enjoyed it, the later seasons didn't seem as interesting.

It was funny, sad and compelling, some of the storylines were a lot to handle with the prejudice and racism.

My favourite people were Grace, her hubby Robert E, I hated that the writers killed their son.

Horace and Myra, I was sad when they split up, they seemed sweet together but then she went from one from tyrant to another and just increased his insecurities.

I preferred the original actress that played the daughter Colleen, the replacement was really good but when you see someone first, you get used to them.

I found two new shows to get into. Tracker about this guy who locates missing items or people, seems interesting so far.

Also Wild Cards about this jaded cop and a con artist thief who team up, when she gets caught.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D