Wednesday 12 June 2024

#BlogLife703 - Hi Oil, Bye Oil

It's just past 4pmish and I might have had just a lil nap. My stomach is still lurching, it stops and then it restarts.

Nothing is really helping so I was distracting myself with shopping and I found what I was looking for.

Yes To Tomatoes £4.50 combination 50ml moisturiser. I think it's an organic brand, I've heard of them before, not sure I've tried them though.

Yes To Grapefruit clay cleanser 113g, I think it changes colour £5.08.

Plus an Ink Dip face wash 100ml, supposed to be citrusy, from £10.50 to £3, plus postage but I had a discount so the amount altogether was £9.36 ha!!

I do love a good bargain so beauty reviews upcoming, maybe they will get here at the weekend.

Finally the Beautizone goodies arrived, pictures on Twitter @SleeplessScrib1.

As a reminder of what I ordered. The Olive 200ml anti frizz hair oil £4.

The Vatika castor 200ml hair oil for £4 and the American Dream aloe body butter 500ml for £6.

Lastly the American Dream 500ml body butter passion lily for £7.50.

I'm so glad they were carefully packed with bubble wrap and sellotape so they didn't leak.

What I noticed which was strange was that the Aloe butter looks different to how it was before.

Previously it was like whipped butter, had a thickness to it and was the colour white.

Now it looks green and more like a lotion/cream, however although it appears thinner and not really the body butter consistency that I look for.

It hits my skin in the same luxurious hydrating manner. My elbows are once again dry and cracking and with just a small single application....

They almost feel renewed and smooth and soft. They haven't completed healed but it's a great start and that's why I love the American Dream brand.

It's not cheap but it will be around for ages and you can use it sparingly, for me I want that long lasting value, rather than buying something cheap, using it nonstop and not getting the desired results I crave.

I'm a bit concerned about the hair oils, I don't know if they will mix well with the shampoo or conditioner..

My hair and face are both combination dry and oily so products tend to be a pain because they have to be moisturising but not drown my surface at the same time.

I just realised I don't even know how to use it, is it supposed to be a style aid, where you apply it and leave it in??

Is it supposed to be used during the hair washing and then rinsed out??

My scalp is always dry, the rest of my hair is typically greasy, so anything with oil tends to overpower my hair and leave it flat.

That's why I avoid oils unless it's blended into the product so well that I hardly notice it.

I'm going to have to do some quick research, Youtube or Googly.

Alright I watched a Youtube video and read the back of the bottle on what to do.

The bottle says apply a generous amount and leave it overnight or for a few hours and then rinse it off.

I'm not going to apply a lot because, I know my hair won't like it.

The Youtube video suggested heating it up first, so you get that intensive conditioning treatment and so that it soaks in better and gives you a more pronounced result.

I wouldn't have considered that. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, my hair isn't due to be washed for a while.

But I do know that I'm probably never going to do those long treatments again because it just doesn't wash out properly and gives me a headache.

I'll let you know....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D