Friday 18 February 2022

#BlogLife215 - Shopper stop shopping!

Every day we are flooded with brightly coloured offers. Get a discount, get a freebie, buy 2 for 1.

We are encouraged to shop, shop and shop some more. Then it happens, it seems normal. No problems occur.

There is a dead silence, a calm before the storm and then the big red flashing font appears.

Hold it right there madam. What do you think you are doing??? You've made more than one purchase.

Who do you think you are?? A celebrity?? I'm afraid we have to detain you and confiscate your itty bitty card.

I don't care that you didn't report it. I am not bothered it isn't fraud.

You are guilty of shopping!!! A most heinous and deeply punishable crime!!

I am halting all of your purchases from now on, until you explain yourself young lady!!

It's a weekday for a start. Who purchases at that time?? Uh huh, clothes and footwear items??

That could have waited until the weekend! Groceries? Well, well, well.

Simply unacceptable. We the owners of the card, think you should use cash and us.

Mix and match a bit. I find your expenditure highly suspicious! I've called in 3 supervisors and they all agree, it is far from routine.

How dare you have the audacity to use different stores. I demand you use one per week, for all your needs.

Don't be difficult, just follow the simple, complicated, makes-no-sense-to-anyone-but us rules!!!

Write me a 10 page essay on being thoughtless with us and don't let it happen again!

You got off lightly, this is your 4th warning. By the way, have you see our latest deals??

Buy jewellery and yo- 

*Argh runs screaming from the building. You can't trick me, I'll never buy anything, ever again!!!*

*PPs for your information, it is actually my money you are holding. I have the right to use it any single way I see fit!!*

Madam, not on our watch! Now get the hell out of here! And do keep purchasing lots and lots but within the guidelines, laid out in our 300 page terms and conditions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D