Friday 4 February 2022

#BlogLife205 - Commotion with the motion

It's 8.42am in the UK and it's currently pouring down with rain. Iceland is usually an hour to two hours late so I stopped waking up early and instead gave myself 20 minutes.

Uh oh for maybe the second time they decide to turn up smack not only on time but precisely in the first 5 minutes of the time frame, eek.

I'm trying to hustle to get ready and I can't even get my lenses on ha. I just have to fling back on my nightie and shove my glasses on and hustle to the door.

I'm trying out the sugar free Vimto squash as it's been decades and it's actually lovely, very weak but delicious.

I sampled the Vimto raspberry orange and passionfruit but hated it. Then I opted for the blackberry, raspberry and blueberry and couldn't stand it either.

I don't think it was sweet it had this tang. Ick. I'll just stick with my beloved original childhood drink.

I put two bottles of water in the freezer to mix it with but I forgot to take it out so it's an icy block.

Later on when my stomach settles I'm going to have my homemade concoction.

I'm calling it a Hotissant. Instead of using wholemeal hotdog buns which are impossible to find anyway.

I use a croissant, normally fill it with olives, hummus but I forgot to buy that so I'll just have it with the Richmond veggie sausages instead.

It's lush. The one thing you'd think you would grow out of is travel sickness.

I've always had it, cars, buses, ferries etc. I think planes were the only exception but maybe if there was turbulence that would have been a different story.

It probably seems to take effect about an hour into the journey but sometimes less.

My face feels all warm and the air seems to dry up around me. If it wasn't undignified I would stick my head out the window like a puppy. 

I was probably the only one in school clutching a bag as we have numerous field trips to study nature.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to have breakfast but I usually can't tolerate eating first thing.

I don't know if I read it or someone mentioned sucking on a hard boiled sweet helps but I do try to have something in my bag for such occasions.

I loved the original and the fruits version of Foxes mints, they weren't too strong like polos.

However there are times when it just doesn't work. The other thing that is nice is the cooling mist.

That can really take the temperature of the face down. I guess try to relax and maybe listen to music at these times.

If you are pleasantly distracted the journey will go faster and you won't feel this embarrassment or panic set in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D