Wednesday 9 February 2022

#BlogLife208 - RIpping 'N' Stripping *update*

I had a ghastly night's sleep. I went to bed early, got comfy but I just felt emotionally wired, physically I was done for the day but I managed maybe a few hours.

Considering I had a morning of trying not to throw up from pmt symptoms. I felt really lighthearted and good today.

The pain was starting to get excruciating but now I'm home I can lounge and rest and savour lunch.

I bought a chicken panini with a side salad, cashews and what looks like chocolate croissants from my favourite international supermarket.

I only really like the almond and regular croissants but I thought this place screams top notch quality so I'll give it a try.

Actually it's not croissants, it's a really dry pastry with good quality chocolate encased inside. 

They are called Cocoa Milnayas. The secret is to heat them for 2 minutes in the microwave and it is so much nicer.

The pastry doesn't go soft and soggy ick, it's just more palatable and easier to munch.

I wouldn't buy them again but it was something different :)

I scoured for my Armandine cakes but alas they were no more. Too lush for words.

I went shopping for a new leave in conditioner and I've always wanted to sample the Mane N Tail products so I bought the leave in conditioner spray to see if I like it.

I don't usually purchase premium products. The price is so much steeper and it doesn't feel like me.

I'm more of a bargain hunter but with certain things, it is worth it for the genuine quality that comes out of it.

It has a sickly sweet bubblegum scent which I'm not keen on, my hair is dry but I thought spritz a few times to see what the effects are.

I'm also going to try it on damp hair and with the curlers on it should be adorable :)

I have greasy thin hair and a dry scalp. I need a super product. Ooh talking of my hair, wowser.

It looks so cute today. I popped in curlers and it's above my shoulders now and it had this fancy slight wave to it and it suited me.

I really just didn't have the time or energy to style it properly so I cheated and pinned it up.

I didn't realise that my beloved jacket has a rip at the back :( Holy moly. It's 10 years old!!!

It really held up well. I bought it from Amazon and it was not cheap but a gorgeous old fashioned design with ruffles at the back.

Also a waterfall top I bought maybe a year ago has a tear at the front :(

I need to order some new clothes. I'll go browsing when I'm less wiped out.

I used the leave in conditioner liberally spraying all over my dry hair, left it and it's not greasy or sticky.

My hair feels soft, my scalp feels moisturised. I don't have excess volume, except at the back for some reason.

My hair falls flat when pinned up and tends to stay that way. I'll be interested in how it works on my hair that's damp.

It's an improvement on other greasy products that claim to be weightless though. Pfft!

Day 2 my hair is normally greasy now but today it just feels more or less normal.

I added 4 pumps of the leave in and I still have volume at the back of my hair, which is usually flat as a pancake.

My hair still feels smooth and nourished so it seems like a good investment at £4.80.

That's twice what I usually spend on hair stuff. It says on the bottle that it is a daily conditioner and hair strengthener. 

It's 178ml and quite a chunky bottle. I doubt I will use it daily but nice to know that I can without it making my hair over saturated and greasy.

Last review my new face wash I started using yesterday from Beauty Formulas.

It cost £1.50 and is the usual 150ml. It's a daily brightening vitamin c face wash.

It's a boring transparent colour considering the bright orange packaging.

I only use a little and it coats my whole face. It's a thick gel like substance.

I haven't tried it on my face brush yet. It's easy to rinse off and leaves my face totally refreshed and stripped clean of impurities, however still hydrated with moisture.

I'll let you know if it foams up later :) I just used it with the face brush.

Sadly it doesn't produce foam but it blends into the skin nicely and I would definitely recommend it.

The scent is a faint citrus. It's sweetish but not overpowering, it lingers a little and then fades.

My face is already glowing, as though I have makeup on. I have combination skin, dry and oily like my scalp.

*Update*

On further use, the face wash actually does foam up. I think I needed to spin the brush for at least a minute and then I see it's all foamy and glidey.

I've now noticed a lot of dry patches, around the edges of my face and under my eyes.

I'm not sure if it's due to the stormy weather, it's rainy and windy and quite chilly.

I don't think I would buy this brand again. As for the leave in conditioner.

I no longer smell the bubble gum sweetness that overpowered me on the first spritz.

Weird but it's way more tolerable now. I'm really tempted to try other products in the range now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D