Monday 28 February 2022

#BlogLife220 - Curiosity killed Garfield 4 (Q&A)

Why do you do follow up posts? Is it because it's popular or do you just have more to add?

Not many of my posts are popular so that isn't the reason. I always feel like I want to expand but I don't want posts to be overly long or short, just a nice balance.

Do you use Pinterest or Instagram or any other messengers. It's 2022. Don't you want to be trendy and conform to the norm?

Ha. No I never have wanted to be a sheep. Pinterest and Instagram are image (altered) based and that holds no interest whatsoever for me, still to this day.

As for messengers, too many things are repeated and having a fresh vibrant conversation is thrilling. 

If you are saying the same things, answering the same enquiries and just yawning at dull men sending half a dozen inappropriate or tedious pictures, it's not entertaining.

I think it's incredibly sad if you don't have a brain and can only send pics, pics, pics and not have any intellect to go with it. Zzzzz..

I know you said you don't read anymore, has that changed or what were you favourite books?

I still can't get into books like when I was younger. The magic has gone but there are still some books that stick in my mind.

No gentleman - Kate Walker.

This book threw me and had me hooked at the same time. I read it over and over.

It was her perspective vs his and the two were fascinating. The author Kate Walker took me on an incredible journey.

It wasn't predictable. I didn't know what was going to be said next.

I loved it until my mama decided my bedroom was her personal domain and decided to give some of my things away without bothering to ask permission or inform me....

Bet me - Jennifer Crusie

I knew where this one was headed but I loved the build up, certain aspects of repetitiveness and cliche annoyed me but I would still recommend it for the laughs.

Stephanie Plum series - Janet Evanovich

The first couple of books were great and then it just seemed recycled. I was hoping she would grow the hell up, evolve and pick a boytoy.

Why do you touch on so many themes? Why not stick to one? Shouldn't you be focusing on one to capitalise on that specific audience?

I'm not sure if I ever tried that approach but I know myself and if I just pinpointed and ran with a solo topic...

I would bore myself, let alone anyone else. My interest would just wane and instead of being raring to write, I would make excuses and put it off.

I'm in my early forties and have had so many vast experiences that I can feel at ease, sharing these with you.

I love writing fiction and truth. It all gets me excited. When I say I'm a writer/blogger...

Okay I'm not a professional and I don't have a huge following or an abundance of reads for my books but I put my whole heart into my words.

I think that allows me to call myself a writer. People may not always agree or find it compelling but at least they can say..

Hmm she is intelligent. She's not just saying, what she thinks we want to hear.

She's just relaying her own thoughts and hoping we can relate or understand her views.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D