Thursday 17 February 2022

#BlogLife214 - What makes you laugh?

For me I would say observational humour. I love hearing people tell quirky personal stories.

It doesn't necessarily have to be relatable as long as I can envision it somehow.

I don't really enjoy the mishap videos as they seem, fake, silly, staged or dangerous.

I love when comedians tell tales about their partners and mimic them, it just cracks me up.

Their better halves must be thinking, yea, turn the mike on me. I have some really juicy tidbits to share!!

I guess it's still hard for me to divulge details about my life with others, when it comes to my experiences, unless there is an amusing anecdote included, that makes it tolerable.

It doesn't feel like I'm giving away anything too raw, it's as though I'm chatting to a friend and hoping they will smile afterwards or giggle.

I never really set out to write something amusing. If I did, I don't think it would turn out that way.

My wit is not universal and a lot of people don't seem to understand it.

I think what I do is try to be a lil entertaining with it. I don't exaggerate but I may choose certain words or phrases to make it a bit quirkier.

With all the topics that I cover, especially the emotionally draining posts, it's refreshing to conjure up a lighthearted piece.

I don't really know what your preferences are when you see I've published something new, that's why I try to play about with the topics.

From fiction, to advice, to life experiences to spoofs. I prefer to be varied.

Some people advise sticking to one thing only and doing that as best as you can but I get bored easily.

My creative brain needs to sparkle and get excited. Talking of which, my Asos goodies arrived..

I feel a bit mixed. The purply wrap top, which surprisingly fit nicely is actually lined and cuter than the picture.

I'm thrilled with it. The boots seem very high quality, for the price and there is fur lining at the sides, but not the sole, where I really need it.

A bit gutted about that, plus it looks more like a shoe, than a boot and it's a biker style.

I wouldn't say it was masculine but neither is it feminine. It does seem comfortable with a bit of a heel. 

It's a chunky style. Black with laces, black fake fur and really unattractive silver studs along the front.

It seemed more understated in the images. I'm still going to keep it.

It looks like the type of footwear kids would buy. However I wear a lot of really long trousers and skirts so it will be mostly covered up anyway :)

I don't hate it, it's fine and I do need footwear. For the price I paid it should last a while but if it's uncomfortable, it will have to be trashed.

Walking has to be as gentle as possible for me, to be able to get around and do whatever I need to outdoors.

I'll try to wear it in, inside and then bravely, nervously, take a trip with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D