Wednesday 23 February 2022

#BlogLife218 - The Odd Guest Out!! (fiction)

"Knock knock, someone let me in, it's only Solina. Come on it's freezing, I know you're in, I see a bunch of cars outside."

I ring the doorbell aggressively five times. "Chop chop, jokes over now. Stop fooling around."

I hear the slowest footsteps ever creeping forward. I roll my eyes, these guys are such pranksters.

The door cracks open a fraction. "Ohhh it's you Sol, sorry we didn't hear the buzzer."

"Oh purleaseee I've been standing out here and knocking and ringing for ages. Just let me inside already and quit clowning."

I look around but it seems strange and unfamiliar. I knew this place once but now it's changed.

"Have you had a makeover? This place looks peculiar?" I hear a sigh. 

"It's the same as it always was. You're the one that's different." I scrunch up my face in bewilderment.

"What are you saying? I purposely make a concerted effort to remain the same. I don't like change."

I heart a snort of laughter and a collective response. "We know." 

They all say it at the same time and give each other knowing looks that I dismiss as silliness.

I smile oblivious to the tension in the air. "Aren't  you going to offer me a seat and refreshments? You can't be unhospitable to a VIP?!"

I hear muffled giggles. "Did someone else beside you arrive that we don't know about? Actually we were just heading out."

I saw them give each other funny looks again. "Where are we heading?"

"Umm Sollie-" I shudder. "You know I hate that nickname, use my real name."

"We are just popping out to the shops. You stay here and we'll be back in 5 minutes."

Before I can add anything, they all rush out into their cars, which is strange.

I sit down on the sofa and drum my fingers on the magazine. Oh well, 5 minutes isn't long to wait...

2 hours have passed and I look at my phone and don't see any missed calls or texts. In fact I can't remember the last time they contacted me.

Oh well I'll try again tomorrow. I go into the kitchen, open the refrigerator and stare at the cool refreshing beverages.

I better not. I'll just leave.....





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D