Monday 21 February 2022

#BlogLife216 - Can men read?

I know that sounds rude but it's a fair question. I'm getting more and more penpal responses coming in, which should be a pleasant surprise..

I barely feel like checking them. It's as though men read a certain sentence and think Yes, yes, yes. 

She will do nicely. I won't concern myself with reading the remainder because what are the chances, my gut instincts will fail me??

There is a reason I have made my advert long and detailed with certain requisites. 

I want to know who can follow directions and understand the type of person that I would be happy to get to know and have a giggle with.

The latest disaster wanted photos and phone numbers? WTF??!!

Should I have put the whole thing in bold and capital letters? Would the idiots have followed it better??

I doubt it. Relegated to spam once again, for failing to comprehend my needs.

That's probably the first test. If someone could get through the post and think, Oh okay, well that sounds like me or hmm, you know, on second thoughts. I'll skip her.

It would make a huge difference and make a vast improvement on the quality of responses that come into my inbox.

If I'm going to have a long standing penpal relationship, I would want to know we are suited and a brief outline of who we each are, for just the beginning of it.

Then we have a stepping stone to move forward together. We can ask questions or clarify and either it will get stronger or we'll part ways.

But hell, it is something. If you can't even give me that, I don't see the point.

I think it's more of the one sided approach, where I've shared and they haven't, which is a button pusher.

I don't like being the only one that is open a fraction, it's uneven.

I'm not really concerned about finding someone. If it happens eventually, that will be lovely but if not, that's alright too.

I find writing the short stories quite time consuming, they are fun but they need a lot of attention.

Plus I want to keep the momentum going on the Wattpad Lethal Curves Ahead.

I'm just not sure if I want another love triangle or to open up some jealousy.

I guess I'll see when I compose the next chapter. In real life I wouldn't blur the lines between friendship and romance but in fiction, it might be kinda fun.......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D