Thursday 3 February 2022

#BlogLife204 - Let's get mushy about slushie

I thought I had written about this but maybe not. Have you ever had a slush puppy? That's what we call it in the UK. 

The blueberry was my choice of heavenly drink. It's a sweet syrupy drink with crushed ice added to it.

The funny thing was that it turned your tongue whatever flavour you picked so mine was always blue.

I used to get it in the morning/afternoon in the hot summer, sometimes I would go swimming, other times Church.

Maybe even shopping. I'm not sure if I ever got brain freeze but it was refreshing just walking around leisurely being cooled by this sugary beverage.

Feeling the wind in my hair and sometimes change in my pocket. In those dinky lil retro sweet shops I always tried to get the poppets or whatever version of chocolate peanuts they sold.

I bought the VonShef Slushie £8 with some Amazon credit years ago and thought I could easily recreate the magic of slushies.

I didn't realise you needed to be an expert mixer. You could get dehydrated waited for this concoction to be ready.

You had to freeze the cup for 24 or 48 hours. Add the drink and plead with it to turn icy and then if you were lucky it worked.

Soft drinks didn't comply but fizzy worked a lot better. It was still a whole load of scraping while the drink spilled everywhere while leaking down the sides.

Also the scrapper wasn't adequate and the whole thing was a hand cramping mismash.

I ended up tossing it in the bin because the lid just went walkies somewhere and the whole thing was a hassle.

You want a half frozen drink with bits of ice inside? I mentioned this before.

Get a bottle, fill it with soft, fizzy or even mocktail drinks. Leave it in your super freeze department.

Wait about 30mins-1 hour. Remove it and there you have your own easy peasy, non scrapey, non headachey, don't need to pull your hair out, delicious drink.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D