Wednesday 2 February 2022

#BlogLife203 - What constitutes a good chat?

I was waiting for someone that didn't show and got talking to someone else and he said I'll distract you.. 

And it made me think about how picky I am, when I am in the mood for a good conversation.

1. Don't fire a zillion questions at me, at once, as though you are interviewing me to be your bestest buddy or future wifey. Ick! That puts me to sleep. Zzzzz..

2. If you ask me a question and I reply, don't ask me the same thing a few minutes later. You have to listen!

3. When we are chatting, debating, however it is going. Wait until I've finished my point. Don't just ignore my words and proceed to talk over me.

4. You want me to do something? It's unwise to shout or try to guilt or force me into answering or acting in something that isn't in my best interests or would make me uncomfortable.

Give me some options, then who knows, I may compromise?!

5. If you mention stamp collecting and I have no earthly interest in discussing it further. Don't keep harping on about it all night, thinking I'll join in, I won't!

6. Sex isn't a hobby, if its yours, no wonder you're single,

7. At some point, you have to laugh. I don't mean that maniacal sinister cackling. I mean a chuckle, here and there.

Tell a funny story, be amused at something I've said but if you're there and haven't smiled or giggled once. Step aside!

8. Open up, give a lil of yourself, you don't even have to go into grand details but if I'm the only one trading insights. Nexttttt!

9. Don't ask me if I use messengers, when I've said I don't have any installed. What about Skype, Whatsapp? It just makes you out to be an even bigger idiot.

What happened to texting? That's quick and easy and requires no useless app taking up additional space.

I'll tell you why you want me on messenger. To showcase hideous, unflattering, unsolicited pictures that I don't want to see in high definition no less, blown up and the face images are no better!!

If I don't ask to see you, keep them to yourself. It's enough to put me off my cocoa!

10. Don't make assumptions about me. Fine you have an inkling, just ask me to clarify or for more details. I don't mind that, unless it's a sensitive area.

11. If the answer to the question, How are you? Is I'm bored. Then you're a dull person with no imagination and why would I waste my time on you?

You can't read a book? Watch a tv show? Do a crossword? Bake a cake? Nothing? Pfft..... Ta ta!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D