Thursday 24 March 2022

#BlogLife237 - It's the plumber...

There are song lyrics akin to the title which always cracks me up. I did manage to nap at lunchtime as one minute I was watching Whose Line and the next my head was on my hands and I was curled up.

I looked at my phone as I forgot to stick it on the charger and there were 2 calls. The smartphone seems to block everything. I googled the number and found it was the plumbing company.

I called them back and they were quite jovial and didn't get mad that they were trying me all morning. I sheepishly admitted that I was napping and they burst out laughing.

I couldn't help but giggle and apologise. After sending them the broken toilet pictures last night, which I think is a smart idea so they know what equipment to bring and can see the damage beforehand.

Instead of coming, blindly assessing and saying Madam, we'll be in touch in a week with the new parts.. They just asked if I was home today and said if so, there's a 3-5pm appointment for you.

I thought/said wow that was quick. The other company would have taken a few days to respond. Now it's just past 3pm and I'm really hungry but I don't want to munch yet.

They didn't seem worried about the job and said it would be resolved today. I didn't ask how long it would take but I'll just wait.

My stomach's rumbling and I still feel groggy but glad I called them back. I should move things out of the way..

I admit, just between you and me, I wasn't dressed properly, was in my nightwear so I quickly changed ha.

I'll let you know how it goes later. Okay that was weird. He arrived about 4.30pm took more pictures and left.

Why would he have not be shown the same pictures I sent off? Is he returning? He said he was going to get what he needed but I don't know if that's from the car or somewhere else.

Maybe it won't be repaired today. Men seem very illogical and confusing. It's 4.42pm so I guess he has gone on another job or for supplies.

I really should have asked. I'm so famished. 4.51pm he came back, fixed it and by 4.59 he was done. I was surprised, thought something else might happen or be needed.

I can breathe and go eat finally :) My beef noodles were mad at me for being neglected.

Oh forgot to mention, I don't pay for repairs, it's covered but even the time I was billed. I argued my case and although they were adamant I would be sent an invoice, nothing ever appeared.

I just told them, I wasn't responsible and luckily the second lady I spoke to was really sweet and sympathetic. I think she advocated for me as I was really stressed and fretting about this expense. I appreciated that :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D