Friday 25 March 2022

#BlogLife238 - It's the electrician

Just as I had changed back into house clothes and was relaxing.. Tap tap. The door goes again.

I thought the plumber had left something behind but it was the electrician doing upgrades. Ugh. He said he tried to call yesterday and I don't know if my phone blocked it.

I now have an appointment tomorrow morning 9ish to sort out the wiring and doorbell/buzzer intercom system. I swear they did this last year and said it was all fine and didn't need improving.

I'm dealing with another company though, perhaps they have more money to splash, so much for trying to take it easy.

It's probably better that all the meetings are on the same day, then I can finally unwind Friday, onwards.

I was going to put off the washing but I've just set it and sprained my hand in the meantime. I didn't want to make two trips so I carried the heavy sheets and the rest of it by hand.

I love that comfort smell the best, it lingers and is just the right amount of strength. Blue skies, I think it's called.

I've just tried out the Himalaya mask. Ugh it's in the form of a scrub and I specifically read it and it didn't mention it was also grainy.

I hate those, now I'll be finding bits on my face all night, as it doesn't wash off properly.

It smells flowery and sweet. It's lovely actually and my face already feels mostly smooth and deeply cleansed.

In the morning, my skin has less dry areas and I feel like a few more uses of the mask will fix my face.

I don't think I would buy it again. I don't think scrubs are great for faces anyway, they are too harsh or maybe it is just my combination dry/oily complexion.

I was getting recommendations from the sales girl and I said my only stipulation was no peel-off versions and she was smiling saying. 

Yea I never use those either, too scary :D

The electricians finally showed up at 11am (2 hours late) I was just cooking breakfast. I was hoping that they wouldn't disconnect everything but I guess they needed free sockets so my wifi is no more.

Luckily I have 6gb of free data per month to use, as they will be here, until maybe 1pm or 2pm but there was no definitive time estimate.

I didn't have time to eat so will do it later. It was salmon herb puffs and I just add some sweet chilli sauce on top and it's lush.

I did manage to grab some chilled vimto and haribo sweets so my stomach isn't totally empty.

I'm just letting the washing dry in my room. I'm not sure if they need access but we'll see and I just realised, they are going to create a mess on the freshly mopped floors :(

Oh and I finally unkinked the duvet so it's all smooth. I had a tiny nausea wave but that's passed. My hand still hurts but that's to be expected.

I just have to look for my short fast charger so I can plug it into the laptop as the battery is low, except. I have no idea where I stored it...

I found the chargers and at 1.40pm, they are finally done. Nearly 3 hours and they just barged in, during one of my volunteer chats.

I feel so bad. I hate when people do that, especially to women. You knock and wait, you don't just invite yourself in. Grr. 

This is why I am wary of these maintenance people, that are typically male. They don't respect boundaries at all and it just makes me feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

I have had a few cross the line before and it's just so much better when they are gone!

I had to say brb and then it was a further 20 minutes, until they were actually done.

The person is probably long and it was there first time using it. Arghh, insult to injury. I'll hang around in case they return but I doubt it.

I hope they get someone else who makes them feel better. The one thing these workmen did, as there were 3 of them, was clean up after themselves and take their rubbish with them.

I really did appreciate that a lot, as some don't bother. Plus both my hands are tender and I am not in the mood to do anything at all.

One last visitor to go at 3pm-6pm and then I can just breathe again.

I'm going to eat my salmon puffs and watch The Conners. If you haven't seen this weeks Call Me Kat episode, that is a spicy tale!!

The other appointment turned up at about 5pm as I was munching again and just gave me this form to fill, where they will return for a further appointment next Thursday, good grief.

I thought I was getting everything out of the way for peace and quiet but no matter.

Now I'm going to get some quotes to declutter my room and mop the floors, for this weekend and then I can take it easy as that's the last thing on my to-do list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D