Friday 18 March 2022

#BlogLife233 - Same ol same ol

When you go out to eat, to your favourite restaurant or cafe, do you order the same thing? Or do you experiment?

Do you ask for recommendations or are you like me, who plays it safe and orders the same thing each time because it's a guaranteed pleasure experience?

Pain wise I was doing good until I shifted positions. I don't know if it's the cold mornings or some strained muscles but ouchy ouchy. It's still not good and usually it settles down and stops being this intense by now.

I'll give myself a heated shiatsu massage over the weekend and see if that helps. It's weird that being stationary I don't really feel the pain but as soon as I move and forget there was even discomfort, I really feel it strongly.

I'm trying to get more sleep and exercise more. I still don't handle pain very well and I should be used to it but exacerbated pain just gets to me and it's harder to push it aside and pretend it isn't there.

I think about trying a new place, maybe sushi or mexican but then I think, what if I hate it and that is money wasted.

I love avocado in sandwiches and salads, rice I'm not fussed about. I'm not a big fan of tuna, but salmon I like and chicken is good.

I've never tried Korean fried chicken. I'm curious about how it compares. Is it saltier, spicier, crispier?

One day I shall take the plunge. Especially as it is twice or three times the amount I would splurge on another cuisine and smaller portions.

I just feel like an old woman. My mind is young but my body just can't handle much. It's just so fragile.

2 comments:

InvisiblyMe said...

I tend to go for the same old, at least these days. I used to be more daring and enjoyed the change, but now I prefer to stick to what I know and what should be good. That’s partly because I don’t do much anymore, so any time I go out or treat myself to something, I want it to be good (a bit like feeling as though it’s a last meal, or the last hot chocolate at a cafe that I’ll ever drink). It’s irrational, I know. Then there’s the money side of things as I can’t afford to waste it either so I get where you’re coming from. I’ve no idea about Korean fried chicken I’m afraid but it sounds tasty. I feel I’ve become pretty miserable but maybe that’s just what illness and/or pain does to us, changes us in ways we can’t protect ourselves from.

I’m sorry your pain is intense with moving. I don’t think I handle pain well either and that’s after years of living with it. You get used to a baseline level, but those exacerbations you mention just really pee me off and it can make you lose your marbles. I really hope the heated shiatsu was at least lovely, even if it doesn’t dial down the pain at all.

Sending gentle hugs.
Caz xxxx

SS said...

I can understand that and I'm glad it's not just me, who sticks to the same eating routine :D I think about the times, I chanced it and it didn't work out and I felt gutted because it marred the experience.

Thank you for the hugs and well wishes that are more appreciated than you know :) and I'm sorry that you're not in good spirits. Now is the time to be self indulgent if you have that luxury, do whatever you can to get through these difficult days and I'm around if you ever need to vent :)

Ha, the weekend has been so busy that I completely forgot I was going to give myself a massage. I think exercise cripples me, that's my experience, because of what my body has gone through, it can't handle exertion but I'm still trying to be a healthier person. Catch 22 for me..

Thanks for stopping by and fierce bear hugs back as in this second, there's no pain :D

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D