Wednesday 5 October 2022

#BlogLife367 - How I loosened and spruced up

A rest never felt so good when you've been on a cleaning jag. I was only going to do one room but then I actually got into it and had fun with.. tidying??!!

Who am I and what did I do with the woman who hates sprucing up??

As the boiler guys are coming tomorrow I just wanted to make the place smell as fresh as possible.

1) I forgot to add that I deliberately didn't turn the laptop on until after I finished cleaning. 

I am sooo easily distracted that I would have said just a bit longer, one more episode, pleaseeee.

2) I dressed in light loose clothing, as I always get too hot and rest and give up and I wanted to finish the goals I set for myself.

Which was pick a room and clean all of it. I picked the bathroom, that entailed the sink, toilet, floor. The tub I'm leaving for tomorrow and maybe one last wipe around.

3) I created a new upbeat party cleaning playlist, (as youtube deleted my songs arghhh). 

Music where you can't sit still as your toes are tapping too much. I need the energy boost as I always feel achy and drained.

Have at least maybe 7 or more songs, otherwise you'll get fed up and stop to add more and you'll never get back up.

4) Get an big icy bottle of your favourite drink and have that with 70% ice so that you won't stop for a refill and can sip and go and that will keep you going.

5) Have a fan going so that you keep cool and you are not tempted to just sit and rest because you're burning up or have the windows open, even better.

6) I realised that I missed the simplest most basic thing in my cleaning routines and it worked superbly well. You're probably already doing it already.

I half filled a bowl/jug with boiling hot water and added handwash (but some add regular soap or washing up liquid) and bleach to it and kept dunking the tips of my sponge/wipes to the mixture and it took care of the dirt with ease.

7) For the floor I just tipped the mixture out and got my broom and started scrubbing and within seconds the dirt was collected together.

8) I got some old clothes/rags and wiped as much of the dirt and water as I could and then discarded them. The rest will dry naturally.

I came into my room and thought hmm. I still feel I could do more and the music was making me so productive.

I decided to turn the fan up and change my sheets, duvet and pillowcases.

I'm so happy that this time, it was so satisfying and bearable. There was minimum effort and I don't think it took that long at all, which is encouraging for the future.

If you are curious about my playlist here it is...

Soy Como Soy - Nicole Cherry/Joey Montana

Shake Senora - Pitbull/T-Pain +

Kiss Kiss (remix) - Mohombi +

10 Outta 10 - Machel Montano

Just A Lil Bit - Destra

Too Real - Kerwin Du Bois

Looney Tunes - Yellow Bird (makes me laugh and is catchy)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D