Tuesday 24 January 2023

#BlogLife440 - Make me over..

I woke up at 7amish but I struggled to get out of bed. I was so leisurely that I didn't have time for makeup or to fix my hair properly but I'm getting used to it being loose and not clipped up, hidden away.

I can get away with that now, although it would look better with a slight wave to it.

I'm just waiting for breakfast/lunch to arrive and I'm curious if my lippys will come today.

The postie doesn't arrive until 12pmish so I'll just wait and see. I do miss having a face full of makeup but only outdoors, I'm still trying to get my scars to fade.

The only product I know would do it for sure is the whitening soap but I'll hold off for now.

Do you or did you ever watch those makeover shows? I used to love them.

The presenters could be a bit rough with the judgements and the end result wasn't always the best, plus some of the colours were....... Questionable...

But it was entertaining. Shows such as.. Would Like To Meet, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, What Not To Wear, How To Look Good Naked..

I never knew and still don't know what my body shape is. Top heavy, shortie stature, weight evenly distributed everywhere.

Big tum, big thighs, big bottom, big arms, big round face. Only my waist was on the small to mediumish side and my legs.

Is that an Apple shape? I have no idea but it was always interesting to see how they styled plump females such as myself.

I always saw a lot of wrap around styles which I hated on myself but looked nice on others.

The issue I took is that it never stayed tied and became baggy and for that to look good, it needs to stay secure.

I also noticed high waisted dresses that I tended to steer away from.

Dresses do not flatter me. My stomach sticks out too much and I feel self conscious because it always seems to look too loose or too tight.

They always had a set of rules that made me laugh because they were so rigid about it and although I started off clueless about makeup and clothes.

Through trial and error I made my own look up. Whatever I could go out in and feel comfortable in and withstand criticism from, was a keeper.

Smart casual has predominantly been my thing. Smart trousers or casual skirts. Fancy tops or casual blouses.

Reds, purples, greys, blacks, blues, pinks. Green I occasionally like but I don't think it works for me in clothes, makeup definitely.

I just did another Ocado Zoom, hour slot delivery for £2.50, it's so fun for a mini shop.

I just bought the snacks that I was going to get tomorrow. Now instead of carrying that heavy bag, I just have to....

Oh probably sanitary towels because my period keeps going off, on, off, on, thing won't make up it's mind arghhhh!! Plus maybe top up my oyster.

Anyway I would feel very overwhelmed and shy shopping for clothes and beauty stuff, not knowing, how to apply it and what suited me.

So I just tried different styles and some were just crazier than others.

At one point, it was funny slogans embezzled across t-shirts. Long, long, long revealing slits.

Short skirts, baggy trousers, tight clothes, loose, ill-fitting items, that I didn't want to discard..

There were lots of times where black just monopolised the wardrobe, no matter if I was slimmer or heavier..

When I looked in the mirror I saw flaws. Too much flesh on display. I should be like everyone around me, thin, thin, thin.

But now, on the rare occasions when I catch myself in the mirror. I see cuteness, oh that makeup looks good.

Oh the hair seems neat today or yes there is an abundance of me, however what I'm wearing has a pop of colour and fits me well.

It's about re-training your brain to see the positive side. Which believe me, took a very long time to do!

I recall being obsessed with body glitter so on the nights that friends and I would go clubbing..

I would slather that on my arms, neck, eyebrows and then I toned it down and just did the bits below my brows.

It was always clear, so it never looked over-done. I don't think, it always drew compliments.

I remember running out and that night we were going to a club and I quickly went to my favourite beauty store, I can't even think of the name.

And they had sold out of clear and the sales girl said, with your complexion, you have to try green, trust me, you'll look amazing.

And I thought, green??? Are you kidding me. She's just trying to make a sale. Ha. I'm such a cynical person.

I've probably told you this story before but I think I said something along the lines of, if this is a disaster I am coming back here. Ha.

I remember being really cautious and only applying a lil at first and peering in the mirror, thinking, eek, this is gonna ruin my whole look.

But then I just tilted my head and thought........ Hmmm... She isn't wrong. It made me sparkle.

It elevated my face as though I put on professional makeup. Everybody was obsessed and the praise just flooded in.

Then I realised green against chocolate skin, that contrast is phenomenal. Just like white just creates a wow factor, so does green.

It wasn't in your face noticeable, it was just tiny flecks, a nice subtlety. 

I loved Would Like To Meet as that was a makeover and a date show, all rolled in to one.

It was a build up of confidence and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and that was so daunting to me but the makeover part was fascinating.

Certain times, I thought they looked wayyy before the "improvement." Ha!!

I wrote this because I noticed one half of the hosts, Trinny Woodall is doing a makeover youtube show again and it's really fun to watch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D