Monday 16 January 2023

#BlogKife434 - Mama's secret

Afternoony all, how are you all doing?

I feel I am over the worst of this bug, aside from a lil stomach unsettlement.

It just doesn't feel quite back to normal and the tiredness and coldness is seeping into my pores.

I am well rested though and I'm relieved that my special fitted sheet is arriving today with Evri/Hermes.

I don't have an issue with them, I always tend to get my stuff, sometimes with a time listed and other times without.

Last night I set out the protein tablets to do my lenses as I hadn't done it for this month and could I find them???

Nope.....My eyes feel especially dry and I keep forgetting to take the drops out of my vanity case.

I'll try and remember to do them tonight. Let's get on to the title as I wasn't sure I wanted to talk about this and if there would be enough material but here goes......

While I was at Mama's she let something slip that I had never heard her say before....

That when she moved into her new place, she had was infected with the corona virus.

Now you know I've actively avoided this subject but my head exploded when she told me.

She had not said a word of this, at the time and my gut was telling me not to react.

I could not have been around for the move because of my health conditions, heavy lifting is a no-no.

Waiting on my feet, is a no-no. She never asks me to assist her, instead the other two do it, which I'm grateful for.

Anyway I kinda wondered why she was mentioning it now and the other half of me was relieved that she was alright and had recovered.

But it took me back to a few years ago, when she was acting ridiculous when I developed that nasty cough and infection, accusing me of having it and that she's going to catch it from me.

That massive guilt trip and hysteria. I didn't lose my taste. I didn't have flu-like symptoms, it was just a really bad probably chest infection.

That lasted maybe a week... But she kept making these snide comments and I offered to leave but she said no, no, it's fine.

She didn't want to share food, she didn't want to stay too near to me, to me it was overblown and ridiculous, I should have just left her.

And the other thing was the constant nagging to get the anti virus shots and I refused to have any of them.

Partly because I'm fed up with being jabbed with needles, when you're in and out of hospital and they can never find your veins, it's hideous.

Moving on, oh wait, the other reason was because it was affecting women's periods and a GP I know confirmed cases of it.

Mama is now praising me for not having any doses as she has had adverse effects, lots of issues and pains from it.

She kinda said, I don't think you would have survived it, if you got it and I thought..........Purleaseeeeee.

I've lived through abuse, near death, injuries, mental cruelty, crippling depression, assault, suicidal thoughts, bad parenting and lack of support throughout my life..

This illness would have been tough but I would have beat it. I have faith in myself, that others do not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D