Thursday 19 January 2023

#BlogLife437 - No more headphones, just earbuds?! For women??!!

This is a bit weird I'm not used to writing so many posts in advance and letting them stack up, I keep forgetting what I've written about.

Well if I have to repeat myself so be it. The Beats overhead headphones aka earmuffs ha finally just got too destroyed to wear anymore.

I loved how comfortable they were and the battery did last ages, but the cushion just fell off and all the glue kept sticking to my hands ickity yuck yuck.

I finally took a deep breath and trashed them. I usually just have at least 1 overhead pair as it blocks out sound the most, but they keep snapping and breaking so it's a waste of money.

I'm really going to see how the earbuds last. One pair has already broken.

I'm hoping the rest are sturdier. I still have 2 but the battery for one of them is just a few hours and that isn't enough.

I need one for overnight and the rest for the daytime to block out the idiot neighbours making noise 24-7 sometimes.

Otherwise I can't write or sleep. Now that I'm actually using the buttons, I never realised what a pain they are.

It's so hard to switch them back on after they automatically turn off from being out of range grrr.

On to the latest pair. I had a feeling I would need a third pair but I was going to wait for a bit until I had some free credit.

I saw this Lankey Pro brand selling 75 hour earbuds. Even before Christmas it was marked down from £50 to £20 and then it went back up to £30.

I was going to cash out and then changed my mind and thought I will wait until they go on sale.

A minute later I was going to empty my basket and saw this strange £10 voucher so I thought just before I cancel Prime, I would purchase it for tomorrow.

(I was supposed to meet Dic today, but changed it to a phone appointment).

Then Amazon said it's out for delivery. It seems like Amazon Day doesn't give a timetable on the delivery, which was annoying.

It was out for delivery since 6am and at 6.50pm I gave up on it arriving. 

Parcels don't usually come after 6pm but then at 7pm he knocked and I was surprised.

The model name is Thr1 and I've never heard of most of the Amazon brands.

The reviews seemed positive but I'll see for myself. The case came 100 which probably means it's fully charged but the earbuds seemed completely dead.

The case is now at 87. It's been 35 mins and the green charging lights are still going.

It came with 2 ear tips in the bag and I guess 1 attached. Plus a usb cord.

Oops forgot to check again if it's a fast charging case. Ahh just read the back..

13-15hrs of playback which can then be extended by charging them in the case, so it's not continuous which makes more sense!!

On the box it has a different model number lol BX17, who knows which it is, until it's in pair mode.

The bluetooth version is 5.1 so should be stable. Crap I forgot to check the distance and if it can be connected to multiple devices at the same time.

Oh at 8.03pm, 43 mins later, hmm the lights came off but then I opened and closed the lid, in case I knocked it and it's recharging.

It's ready at 8.07pm. Oh my heavens, at last earbuds made for women, these are tiny and glorious!!!!!

Very comfy and easy to pair, the name is BX17 so mystery solved. 

I'll try and pair with my phone while it's connected to the laptop. 

Nope it didn't connect to 2 devices, that's a shame but not a huge deal.

It also passed the distance test, I went to the kitchen where it spluttered but continued playing music and didn't disconnect.

The first charge overnight and a bit of the evening/day, lasted 12 and a half hours.

I like that these just feel more secure in my ears, the others are loose and need re-tucking in but these are snug and stay in place.

On to today's disaster. I had a meeting with Dic at 11.30am. My hair was not cooperating, half wave, half straight, so I clipped it up and I was running early.

From 11.16am I rang up the receptionist to notify of my arrival, the phone went dead.

Finally on the 3rd call, someone deigned to answer!! I almost suspect, Dic was telling them to ignore my calls.

Anyway I tell them I have an appointment and am waiting downstairs, she says Oh let me get him, ohh he's busy, he'll call you back...

I'm thinking maybe a few minutes......... I check the phone.....Nada, zilch!

Ass can't be bothered to come down or call. Yet he's highlighting, don't be late in the emails and texts!

I'm trying to walk around, or lean against the wall, my legs are aching, my hands are becoming sensitive and my back is hurting.

I check the phone and 44 mins have passed and not a word from the Dickhead!!!

I could call up but he knows I'm waiting so I think fuck him and just leave.

Nearly two hours have passed and nothing still, prejudiced ass!!!!

The only highlight to my day, is I finally got the last thing on my Christmas list.

I wanted earbuds, got those, needed slippers, bought those and the final thing was a nightdress and I finally saw the black and red in stock.

Depending on the fit, I might buy another one. It was £16 with free postage, Amazon's quality seems to be higher and they last years so I don't mind paying that price for it.

I don't know if it's the same as Mama's and she should be in Canada now but she hasn't emailed or texted yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D