Monday 9 January 2023

#BlogLife429 - Free shopping and shipping

Good morning. Can you believe it's already Saturday and New Year's Eve also?? It went so fast.

December is always the quickest month to end though, the excitement, the anticipation, the shopping, the endless tasks to finish before the big days arrive..

I've been getting lots of sleep which is good, never quite enough but something is always better than nothing.

I've had intermittent naps also. Today I was hoping to get up late but I think the fact that Postie and the couriers were due got me excited.

First things first, I took advantage of Prime for probably the last time to do a supposed next day delivery.

My Chromebook is now 2 years old and the charger keeps crackling for probably the last couple of months.

It charges and stops and only resumes when I push the cord tightly into the charger pack thingy.

I decided before it completely packs up or sizzles. I would get a new one. It's 45w but according to Googly woogly, I can get a 65w and that will still work.

You know I've been here all this time and it only dawned on me last night that I could use my laptop charger to power up my phone and restore it to health.

I feel so dopey lol. Anyway I currently hate the Biore wash, which is actually a scrub in disguise. It's soo heavy on my face, ick!!

I decided to buy a charger which was supposed to be £18 but I had a gift voucher so it came up to £12.66 ha.

I really didn't want to pay a fortune in case, it didn't work or didn't last long.

Plus I scoured for another cheap face wash. I'm using the Biore as a body scrub now. I hate them damn beads ugh!!

I did want to try something new but it turns out the Nivea one has beads also.

They seem to be everywhere. In the end I just settled for a wash I had bought before.

The Biore rose and charcoal which I have gotten before and the scent was nice and the effects I think were average.

I'm pretty sure it has no beads though. I hope!! It's a 200ml bottle and cost £3.33 but when I checked out, again it said promotion applied, price £0 hahaha!!!

The second one I haven't been charged for and haven't used any promotion codes.

That's so weird!!! But again karma for sending me 2 dud heating blankies that barely work.

I'm not sure if the thermals just arrived from Marks as I put Mama's name as it had her address and I don't open her mail, unless it has my name on it.

I know she won't mind but she is expecting things too, so will leave it until she gets back from Church.

Her Postie arrived at 11amish and I had just showered and put the curlers in. I had a long top on but no trousers and the door rang.

I didn't want to finish getting dressed in case he left. Some knock once and then race off.

I hid behind the door but sorta had to come out a bit and he chuckled and handed me 2 parcels.

Her couriers are super smiley and polite, mine are somewhat grouchy ha.

What was in the other parcel you ask?? I had been tracking my phone and it hadn't even been sent to the local sorting office so I thought awww it won't arrive until Tuesday or such.

It had my name on the box so I thought alright, it's the charger or the face wash or the thermals.

I don't think I ordered anything else and to my surprise it was my new baby phone, wooohoooooo.

I always want to check things and make sure they work within the warranty and Mama is leaving on the 17th January for Canada I think so it would be an imposition for her to travel down and hand me my stuff.

It might happen with the charger as Amazon was supposed to bundle that and the wash for today but now it says it arrived Tuesday when I'm supposed to leave grr!!

Let's talk through setting up the phone which I'm still buzzing about. I can't believe the phone plug, usb wire and and and a free plastic cover is all included, that's so nice of them :)

At first it says Hello and pick your language, thank goodness you only have to scroll through a list.

Then you agree to the terms, the battery is half full. Then it wants me to connect the network, in my case EE but I'm not going to put the sim card in yet, ooh the memory card too.

I don't even know if the sd card is compatible, the size seems a lil smaller than my Samsung A13.

Another thing I like about Mama's place is that I have the cutest bed hair, it never looks like a mess, the way it does at mine.

Even the curlers give me this old fashioned chic soft wave look that I adore.

The phone came with Android 12 already installed. It's name is Nord CE2 Lite. 

I love the shade, it seems easy to use, my only quibble is trying to take it off apparently uses volume and the other button grr.

I took several accidental screenshots and umm was asked to unblock the mike. Yeesh.

1.35pm the charger seems to work, the Chinese food arrived with complimentary prawn crackers and fortune cookies yum.

Oh and yes I was fully dressed this time. 2.30pm now and my phone is fully charged, it was about 40% earlier.

Ugh spent hours trying to make a call. Launch quick access and mic options and enable it.

I finally figured out that you cannot block the mic at all, you have to keep it unblocked for every app, grr, irritating, on other phones can just use it for them only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D