Monday 30 January 2023

#BlogLife443 - Embrace your sweet tooth

I've never seen a lemon flapjack before and wanted to try it from Graze, it's small but filling for a snack.

It's chewy, soft, not overpowering with the lemon but enough so that you taste it.

It's not too sweet but does feel like a treat, the price is £1.25 and as small as it is. I don't want to finish it.

I've saved the rest for another day. I just wanted a dessert. The rhythm cookie is too soft for my liking, I prefer a crunch.

All I taste is chocolate and it's very sweet. I don't taste the nuts at all, which is the reason I wanted to try it in the first place.

The price is £1.32 and this is supposed to have less sugar but it's pretty disgusting. I would not buy it again, too sickly for me. Ick.

I've just tried out the Belvita baked bar and so far that and the flapjack are my favourites.

It's a bit crunchy and a bit chewy at the same time, there is a definite taste of chocolate and nuts.

It doesn't feel really sugary, it's a small to medium size. It's £1.85 for 4 bars in the box.

It's really thick is what I noticed so in that respect it's more filling.

I would definitely get that again.

On to the Belvita soft bakes in a chocolate and hazelnut filling. These are just a smidgen dry, soft and chewy.

There is 5 in a box for £2.40. It definitely needs more filling, it's alright but it would be better with more inside to bring out the flavours.

I do normally like a crunch but these feel a lil overdone. Hard almost, not exactly what a soft bake should be.

There is a definite nutella quality to it, so that's lovely. I don't think I would re-purchase it though, not for that price and the fact it's a lil tough to chew and the filling is very minimal.

Last product was the Deliciously Ella peanut butter oat bars. There was 3 in the box for £2.70, steep prices for some of these, considering there isn't many contained inside.

There is a generous helping of nuts sprinkled across the bar which is good. It's chewy, more like a flapjack, than a cereal bar.

It's got a slight bitter aftertaste to it for some reason that I don't like at all.

The size is nice and dense but it's on the dry side, aside from the bitterness, it's pleasant enough but not something I would buy again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D