Friday 6 January 2023

#BlogLife428 - Home away from home

I'm so jealous of mama's hotel like, walk in shower, it's glorious. It's not the biggest but I can fit in mostly comfortably.

I swear her bathroom has underfloor heating because everytime you walk in, it's warmer than any of the rooms.

It's weird to see so many mirrors around. I only have in my bedroom but it's easier to pluck my eyebrows and fix my hair.

At her place my bed hair seems to look all wavy and cute and at home, it looks a mess ha.

There's actually been no drama or nitpicking. It's been totally chilled for once so I'm not rushing to escape.

The bed's big and comfy and I haven't felt nauseated even once. Plus I'm getting big blocks of sleep.

It's 2pmish and I've just had breakfast/lunch. I woke up about 11pmish as I felt I needed extra rest and it helped.

I don't feel achey or stiff or sore. I did have a one day period on Christmas Day of all days but there was minimal cramps.

I just felt really tired and delicate from standing a lot. Mama's actually found a group of women that are from her own country so she's thrilled about it.

Plus they have like coffee mornings and raffles and stuff so it's very inclusive and friendly and her housing manager is super sweet and will take care of any issues she has, which was not what the previous one did at all.

There's even red security ropes in every room for emergencies, which is handy if there is any troubles. 

I kinda thought I would be more in the mood to explore outdoors but I've been napping and chilling and to be honest, I'm glad.

I really needed to put all the stress and Dictatorness behind me for a bit.

I don't feel the least bit anxious. What did I get for Christmas you ask??

Well you go first, what did you get? You insist on me going first? You're so polite :)

I got cash, thermals, an automatic tin opener so that I don't strain my hands, plus an amazon giftcard.

I just bought some more thermals on Marks and Spencers website.

Oh and the super duper present I was most excited but was starting to worry it was fake.....

I was finally messaged, not on the 23rd December but yesterday morning (28th) and was given the code for the free phone.

It was the holidays so I can understand it being delayed but there were no instructions on how to use it and what the terms were.

A fellow competition winner messaged me to ask if I had received mine as he hadn't and I told him I had at just that moment.

He told me I just had to add it to my account to use it and see what it entailed.

I did just that as my fast charger is totally ruined and I can't charge my phones or speaker or headphones.

It slipped my mind that most power up with the usb c plug now.

Anyway I registered and added the code and it was actually not a free N100 phone redemption but a £200 voucher to be used on anything.

Unfortunately the only £200 phone had been out of stock since mid December.

That was the Nord CE and I don't know if that was supposed to be the N100.

None of them have numbered names so it was totally confusing.

Anyway with big vouchers I tend to use them as quickly as possible, in case the company goes bust or it expires fast.

I'm just happy that the new phone includes a free fast charging plug.

Postage was free but again according to Google the N100 was only available in dark blue and I don't think any of them were that shade ha.

Weird. The next cheapest phone was originally £280 but thankfully reduced in the sale to £230.

I'm not keen on paying towards a supposed prize but in this case I made an exception with a whopping £200 discount. 

I just paid £29 technically and I justify it this way ha, my screwy maths comes into play once more.

£30 I got as a free gift, £10 would have been the postage and £10 would have been the charger.

(I know the postage was free but if I buy a phone from EE, that's a £7 delivery cost. Ok, ok so I rounded up a lil bit.

The premium postage was ridiculous £13-£30. I was not paying for next day delivery, even though I did want it fast.

I just opted for the free standard, which is supposed to be 3-5 days but considering I ordered it yesterday lunchtime and it's now..

3.21pm the next day and it hasn't been processed and despatched it utterly disheartening.

I put mama's address as I didn't want to risk it arriving at my place with me away and the neighbours grabbing and keeping it.

Ugh it's still stuck on "preparing order." The estimated delivery went from today, to the 9th January, to the 11th January booo :(

I can track it, once it's sent by whichever courier they use, please don't use royal mail.

I'm not sure if they are striking still but I don't want to take the chance.

If it's sent out today, Friday and Saturday are normal days and then Monday is a Bank Holiday.

I think it will arrive after I leave, maybe Tuesday. Ooh and the other fun thing is.. I scoured the colours, they had some gorgeous silvers, blues, purples maybe and there was a green that looked unique.

Those were mostly out of my price range but a light blue was the one I purchased and I hope it will be cute.

I'll add some images on Twitter when it arrives or when mama hands it over at some point in January or February.

I don't get the phone name order. I have no idea if the Nord CE is older or younger than the CE 2 Lite.

I don't know which is better but I was desperate for a charger and I didn't want to risk the Lite being out of stock either.

Else the next one would have cost me...£80 and that would have been where I draw the line, nope nope nope!!

I'll do a review post with as many details as I can. Fingers crossed it comes before I leave...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D