Friday 13 January 2023

#BlogLife433 - Speakers N Cream reviews

I'm actually shocked that I was able to sleep last night with all the daytime rest but I did and deeply also.

My body just needed it, to repair itself. I'm not eating meals just grazing on snacks.

My head is starting to hurt again. I've been trying to nap but it didn't take and now I realise a part of the bloating is due to starting my period today.

If you're following my Twitter, you'll know that I've just gotten into a new Turkish show called Senden Daha Guzel.

I prefer when it's more comedic than heavy drama and this is just the ticket.

3 hours and 25 minutes per episode but it doesn't drag. I only skip minimal parts because it's engaging.

It's basically about two doctors who start off with a love/hate relationship and then you watch it grow and the obstacles/lies/people that get in the way.

I'm not sure if there is more than one season, if it's been cancelled or renewed as I didn't want to read any spoilers..

I guess in the excitement of being away I forgot to do the Braven mini speaker review. 

I was finally able to test it properly watching Christmas movies with Mama.

I bought this specifically for the boasted 12 hour long battery life. I knew it wouldn't last that long.

The colour is really pretty, it's not too big or heavy and it pairs easily without any hassle.

It has a lil musical melody when turning off and on which is fun. I didn't even realise you can control the volume and pause it via the actual speaker.

I kept getting up to go to the laptop to adjust the controls from there, that is a really handy feature.

It's a bit weird though, the sound coming from next to you, while watching it in front of you.

The sound is nice, clear and crisp. I never had to put in on maximum volume as it was really loud.

We watched Home Alone 1 and 2 as per usual around the holidays.

That's nearly 4 hours long and then I checked the battery it said halfway. Actually I think it was less maybe 40%.

And I used it for a bit more and it depleted down to 30% and I put it on to charge, not sure how long it took.

Probably less than an hour with the fast charge but that's really disappointing battery life.

Mama got a whole set of different sized hand creams and asked if I wanted any.

She travels a lot so took the minis for her upcoming trip and I don't typically use it on my hands, unless there is excess.

I use it for my dry cracking elbows that I lean on constantly while typing.

I would usually prefer a thick creamy body butter but I'm starting to see that hand creams are more cost effective and do the same job, if you get a really decent one.

I've tried an abundance with very poor results. I'm pretty sure the hemp one is the only one I've liked so far.

The Beauty Formulas hemp cream, works really well. They are still slightly cracked but in much better condition and while I was away I started using the Cath Kidston one..

And that was impressive also. A medium thickness, 100ml tube.

It does take a while to absorb into the skin though, I find I have to rub it in a lot before it evaporates, unlike the hemp one, which is almost instantly dissolved.

I love the scent, which is the main difference between the two. It's sweet, perfumey, maybe flowery I can't really tell but it is delightful.

I wouldn't say my elbows are not cracked anymore but they are more hydrated than previously.

I was curious and googled the price ha. For the Cath Kidston cream it's about £8, but less on Ebay, maybe £5.

I wouldn't pay that price as effective as it is, not when there are cheaper brands available.

The next time I do a Bodycare online order, I'll try some new ones.

My face is not dry anymore but the scars remain. Oh and I forgot to mention, my Christmas gifts all went down well.

He actually loved the scents for the aftershave and the antiperspirant, apparently not a fan of the roll on, which I prefer.

And of course Mama loved her gel oil for hydrating the body in winter and after her swims. Plus the gift card and blankie (I suppose).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D