Wednesday 4 January 2023

#BlogLife426 - Destination unknown - Stranded by Advance Cars Taxi driver

I slept ok I think but it didn't seem like morning when it was all dark outside, I hate getting up at that point, it feels unnatural.

But it was 8amish and it felt like a good time to slowly awaken and pack up everything before pricing cab fares.

Oof pricey. Last time it was about £20 and this time £26 grr. It's getting ridiculous but I just booked it and waited.

I actually did remember to pack everything needed, yay, go me! About 20ish minutes later I got a call to say they were here and I grabbed, the present bag, the laptop bag, the overnight bag and my handbag and slowly struggled to the door.

He looked and said my name and then said, Oh just throw your bags in the back.

It was drizzling and I was struggling to lift each bag high enough to get them in, with as usual no help from the idiot driver!

I try to explain that the postcode has two addresses and gave him the instructions mama gave me but he states rudely, I don't have time to waste, find out the precise location.

I said alright, I'll call her and put it on loudspeaker, he agrees and then rudely cuts her off saying, I'm driving, text your daughter the details.

He then states again, I'm really busy, you'll pay cash right, I'll drop you off when we arrive and I'm used to that attitude.

So I just say, yea that's fine. About half an hour later, we arrive, only I get the sinking feeling, we're at the wrong place.

I've been looking for road signs and I haven't seen a thing. I express my concerns staying seated and he looks around and says we're here, this is right place. 

I didn't see anything recognisable and he opens my door and ushers me out, again without bothering to help with the luggage. 

Then I quickly call mama and she says she'll come down to assist with the bags.

I'm sorry I know I shouldn't accept this help from an elderly parent but sadly with my health I cannot manage.

I walk a few feet and drop the bags in agony and exhaustion, going full blown panic that I'm lost and will have to trek but I don't have it in me to move at all.

She's now freaking out as well and then her housing manager, calmly talks me through the solution.

Gently enquiring if I can see any landmarks, which sadly I do not.

Eventually I see someone and she tells me the main road outside and I realise I have to walk for a few minutes with all this luggage and I am wondering how on earth I can do it.

I just take a deep breath and slowly walk ahead, while the manager and my mama is on the line.

My legs are buckling and I can barely stand but I make it and finally see that she lives nearby, the landmark supermarket Lidl is opposite her place.

I have to hold myself up on a wall because every bit of my body is screaming in pain, rest, rest, rest, you're gonna collapse if you don't.

I think probably less than 5 minutes pass before I see her and we are both relieved.

I explain that I had to walk up here, that this isn't the area he dropped me off and she is beyond furious.

As am I but she helps with the bags and I apologise for needing rescuing but she shrugs it off kindly.

She's giving me a guided tour of her new place and I am shuffling forward leaning on walls as the pain has spread everywhere and I can't even function at this point.

I apologise once again and state that I cannot sit on a sofa, I need to lay out on the bed with the laptop and phones and she doesn't mind.

I feel unsociable and she walked fast so easily but I realise my health is getting worse and I'm in need of a rest, for my body to completely lay flat and recuperate.

The pain is still horrendous at this time of 8.54pm. I can't wait to sleep but it's too early.

I moved out into the main room out of politeness and thank heavens the blankie arrived maybe at 8pm so will get to test it tonight.

Oh and the other crazy thing is my mouthwash bottle I thought I had screwed on tight spilled and water logged my clothes, my food, the presents and my charger plug.

Ugh most of it I salvaged but the plug will not dry out. I stuck it on the radiator and it still won't charge grr.

But I plugged the usb into the laptop and it's charged and those nutty sweets turned out to be white chocolate yuckity yuck!!!

Can't review those either I'm afraid. WIll give them as a gift to mama's friend who adores chocolates.

I did buy 2 bags though and Mama tried one and loved it and she's notororiously fussy so that's saying something.

I told her to keep one bag and give the other to her friend and she agreed.

Plus the stupid 2 day face wash didn't arrive so Ebay was useless in that respect as was the seller, pfft premium postage, yea right.

I went on Prime as I still have the trial until the 10th January and ordered some Biore wash.

The price was £4.66 and I selected next day so it will come tomorrow but the surprise thing was not getting charged for it.

"Promotion applied." No idea what that is about but I'll gladly take a freebie after the day I've had.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D