Thursday 16 March 2023

#BlofLife470 - Religion or cult?

I'm so glad one of Mama's perfumes arrived and I had to cheekily smell it.

As we both love the same brand and I was dying to know what it was like as it's newly released.

It's very sweet but distinctive, not like a cheap perfume but something classy.

The courier was annoyingly impatient though, rudely prolongingly buzzing. I hate that, press once and wait, twit!!

I'm glad she's away Cruising it up somewhere. I'm always glad when she vacations because there's no-one just take, take, taking from her.

Thinking back I realised how frantically stressed she used to get, the night before Church.

She would be so busy, snapping and angry, as though she had the weight of the world on her shoulders and still today she is the same.

I didn't really connect it to religion before but now it dawns on me how much she does for them.

Cooking, cleaning, volunteering, donating money, attending long boring lecturey services, the ongoing meetings in the weekday,

There's so many times when she's been tired or ill and said, ugh, I really don't want to go but I can't let them down.

I never understand that, I always think it's fine to take care of yourself and rest but there seems to be something important frequently going on.

And I do think they needlessly over tax the elderly and exploit them a bit.

Otherwise why would she not be at ease? Why would she feel so burdened and be running around like a headless chicken?

Why also would she not take time off routinely without feeling guilty???

I just remember being told I was going to go to hell. Don't lie, don't have pre-marital sex, don't drink, don't do drugs.

That pretty much screwed my head up because it's as though they are saying be a perfect virginal doll.

Judge other people, act flawlessly and don't think about sex. As a pre-teen to teenager..

It all seemed outdated and illogical. What should I do? Stay home, cross my legs and pray 24-7??

I had hormones, lustful thoughts and instead of feeling natural, it felt shameful.

Which is disgusting! Sex should be normal, it's up to the individual whatever they want to do, as long as it's legal and with consenting adults.

It took years and years to unlearn the stupidity of what I was being brainwashed with.

It's 2023 and I still feel a lil unclean if I even mention sex. That is definitely one of the reasons I can't write a mature story.

Some part of me feels, it's inappropriate but it isn't, both men and women enjoy saucy tales.

It's just human nature! Yeesh!! There also seems to be double standards, these all seem to be targeted towards women, to remain pure!

Don't wear trousers, wear skirts or dresses, be feminine, be a lady, but for heavens sake, keep your bloody clothes on!!

Rolls eyes!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D